63 replies to this topic
Kanki Kanki
  • Donors
  • 4587 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
cr: [email protected]

“K-POP Girls Sensation!!”
This hot summer is going to get even hotter! The strongest girl groups big report
K-POP appeal isn’t just about male idols! They’re coming to Japan, they’re super cute and powerfully and unexpectedly blooming all over. Let’s show you around the Korean girl group flower garden!

Female fans are strongly rooting for them

Lately, more and more people are saying “I want you to have a Korean girl group special!” in reference to my radio program. Speaking of K-POP until now, male groups like DBSK, Big Bang, Supernova and SHINee have been radiant in the Japan music market, but in Autumn of last year that situation had a big change. The girl group boom that is still continuing in Korea has finally landed in Japan as well. However, in this boom they are unexpectedly not most supported by males, but instead by females. I hear that the girls who are fans of male groups are interested in K-POP as a whole, and before long they will also be interested in the girl (groups). Many female fans are saying this, “They (Korean girl groups) have something that current Japanese female idols don’t have.”

As a representative girl group, these girls set a record last year with their huge hit “Gee”. In name and reality, the strongest group is also known as the nation’s idols, “Girls’ Generation”.

(Then they talk a bit about KARA, 4Minute, Brown Eyed Girls)

A common charm amongst the girls is their fascinating, in-sync and crisp dances, as well as their trained vocals. Their power can be seen everywhere due to their effort when practicing. Unique personal characters are more important for Japanese idols than professional singing or acting abilities, which is a big difference. It's not a matter of which is better, but "wanting something you don't have", so to speak, is probably what you could call human nature.

Up until now K-POP has had a fad-like atmosphere and has struggled to make a lasting impression on uninterested people. However, DBSK and Big Bang have broken through that wall. Similar to when current adults turned on their FM radios in the past and listened and were attracted to western music, young people are now enjoying themselves by listening to Korean music. You could say that Korean entertainment in Japan has surpassed the Hallyu wave and has reached a new level with the K-POP boom.

SNSD
Doing well throughout all of Asia The generation of girls has arrived!

The 9 member group SNSD, who debuted in Korea in August 2007, has activities throughout all of Asia due to containing members who can speak English, Chinese and Japanese. Their group name means that “The generation of girls is here”. They’ve also reached #1 on charts in Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines. They’re literally conquering Asia.

CD 9/8 (Wednesday) On Sale – At last, SNSD’s Japan CD debut
In 2007 they debuted. In 2009 they made a new record on a Korean Music chart with 9 consecutive 1st place wins. They’ve been 1st in music charts from Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines. This 9 member female unit is very popular throughout all of Asia. Before their Japan CD debut, people who purchased the (First Press Limited Edition) DVD that was released on August 11th are invited to their concert in Tokyo’s Ariake Coliseum on August 25th.

Translated by: [email protected]
Source: "The Television" TV Guide

Formspring - Ask me a Question! || Twitter || Red Signature by Ruth

Posted Image Posted Image

MaiMai! MaiMai!
  • Donors
  • 1192 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

I hope SNSD breaks down some more barriers and proves to everyone that they can conquer outside of Korea, too. ^^ I'm so excited for these girls! ^^ Thanks for this trans, Nikky!

dSbN5SkD dSbN5SkD
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

thanx a lot for the translation.everyone in japan is talking bout snsd even before their debut.
im so proud of my soshi girls.they will definitely make it big in japan just like dbsk:D
i will miss them performing in korea but i wish them the best in japan.
snsd fighting!!!

OhMySica♡ OhMySica♡
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

Good luck for them!
I know they will make it big in Japan!
And any toher asian countries right?
Let's go SoShi<3
ANd thanks for the translation!

AND YES, they are always no.1 here in the PH, in Album sales and music charts.

Edited by OhMySica? , 11 August 2010 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

제시카가 언제나 곁에 있다.

Flirtboi Flirtboi
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

It is indeed the Girls Generation now. They will be bringing the K-Pop waves into another level. That's the power of SNSD.
SNSD jjang!!
Thanks for translating.

KEii KEii
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1453 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

dang` i don't know why but it gave me goosebumps rofl`
i agree with this "the generation of the girls is here"
i feel so proud of them xDDD
thanks for the translations ^^
9 girls 1 generation , GIRLS' GENERATION (:

Posted Image

||HER WHISPER IS THE LUCIFER||

|| FORMSPRING || TWITTER ||

HIATUS--

Evaders99 Evaders99
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Awesome, I'm sure they'll make it big. This Japanese debut will be a big one. But why aren't the Japanese artists following this? Japanese idols are more on "naturalness"? I don't know anything about those idols, but it seems a lot of them are hardly natural with their large amount of makeup and fake white skin.

abipluse abipluse
  • Donors
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

I agree with you Keii,
dont know why..
when I'm reading this article,
i had goosebumps..
hehehe..
our girls is so AMAZING!!
I know they could break any barriers,
and dominate the J music industry :thumbup: :thumbup:

Right now, it's Girls' Generation!!
Forever , it'S Girls' Generation!!
SNSD, HWAITING!!! :rambo: :rambo:

Posted Image   Posted Image

ImZerO ImZerO
  • Donors
  • 2238 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

thanks for translating the article..

more female fan want them..
the girls making their name in history of music around asia.
I hope more record will be break by them..

all the best SNSD..

Lingoo Lingoo
  • Donors
  • 1334 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

thanks for the translations ^^
the concept that the girls are garnering more female fans than male fans in Japan is actually quite interesting, would have thought the guys would've gotten behind this wave too
I'm sure the girls will have no problem breaking through the glass ceiling like DBSK and Big Bang
"Wanting something you can't have" sigh...this kinda hits it home more, LOL :thumbup:
Let's hope they conquer Japan! (Everytime i read conquering with our girls it provides really interesting imagery of them running around, throwing a flag into the country xD )
Musings...Collections Sanctuary

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the translations!

SNSD is sure to make it big in Japan!
and there seem to be alot more fangirls than guys there.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

YaMMi YaMMi
  • Donors
  • 1524 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks alot for the translation! I'm happy to see all of the fangirls

supporting them. It's better to have girls as allies rather than enemies right?

It's good that they're accepting them because the debut in Japan could've

gone 2 different ways so I'm happy they're getting so much attention and love

txtT0.png

HyoYeonORhxD.gif

Jessica 4ever!!! Jessica 4ever!!!
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

hehe!! Thx for the translation!!!

snsd makes it big in asia, i think tht the rest of the world wont be far away frm listening to their songs too!!! since wonder girls go to the US, its time to show tht this generation of girls are the best!!

at first i thought tht snsd would hav their own channel in japan tv, but i was wrong.. :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

credit: sayhellotothestars@soshified, TammyTheSunny@soshified,FrozenYentaf@soshified

cagalli cagalli
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3615 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

In 2009 they made a new record on a Korean Music chart with 9 consecutive 1st place wins.

YAH!! Eat that antis who say SNSD can't sing!!! >.< Hehe sorry~
SNSD gets number everywhere and for anything that they release XD
Thanks for translating!

Edited by cagalli, 11 August 2010 - 08:51 PM.

princesstaesic.jpg

ty9soshi ty9soshi
  • Donors
  • 2061 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:21 PM

"in-sync and crisp dances, as well as their trained vocals. Their power can be seen everywhere due to their effort when practicing." - this is the reason why i love them.
"The generation of girls is here" - totally agree with this one, hehe. girl power!

thanks for the translation.

devskii devskii
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

gosh!! i hope for the best not just for our girls but to kara or 4min as well. i hope they all succeed in everything they do. thanks for the translation.

Posted Image
I am a S♥NE.
today, tomorrow and forever.
taeyeon.seohyun.tiffany.hyoyeon.jessica.sooyoung.yuri.sunny.yoona.
follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/devsdevski

beherebynow beherebynow
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6548 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

Woot, thx for the transltions!
Haha, eat that antis! This article proves that SNSD is loved by many people!
And it is interesting that most fans of the girls groups are females, not males.
SNSD fighting!

idjb5UB2y.jpg

keeper keeper
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

The articles says it all~ SNSD is conquering Asia and soon the world :)
This generation is definitely SNSD's generation~
I love how the female fans say that Kpop girl groups in general have someting Jpop girl groups don't have. ^^ And having more fangirls would actually be better right? Atleast people will know that SNSD attracts not just fanboys but a lot of fangirls too.
Let's all hope that this is the start of SNSD's success in Japan.

Thanks for translating (:

Nine As One

Today, Tomorrow, Forever

Twitter

eliteseal eliteseal
  • Donors
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Let the SNSD fever craze begins.All please bow to the nine girls and may their fame spread through the whole world

jaskknd jaskknd
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

man, just by hearing the phrase, girls' generation is now here" gives me goose bums... :D
SNSD is such a huge influence that can really create a new wave or culture in a country... me and my bunch of friends once disliked korean entertainment, but now, we just can't get enough of them, especially SNSD... :D
just watch GGTS yesterday, again... lol, still, wow, seeing how far they had come really makes me feel so proud for them....

SNSD hwaiting!!!!

talk about the television, watched hard gay too ytd, XD that guy was epic....

SONE ~ Nationalist

Posted Image

As a sone nationalist, I shall uphold the pride of 9.
I shall promote the girls to friends and non-shippers and I shall detest all rumors against the girls.
May our nation prosper for a thousand years!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot