Photo

[INTERVIEW] What They Did During Their BreakInterview, short exerpt from Cosmopolitan Sept. Issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
179 replies to this topic
taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Most of us know Sooyoung was in the States and Yoona was in Europe for a while... but what did the other girls do?
Here's a little snippet from their interview from the recent Cosmopolitan issue.
If I can get a hold of the full scans, I/somebody would translate... but this is all I have for now T_T
Enjoy!

Q: I heard recently you guys took a break for about 20 days for the first time since your debut. How did you guys spend your first long break?

Yoona: I went to Paris and Rome for a family vacation. But I was so surprised because everywhere I went, there were a lot of fans. There are pictures of me that were captured and posted online, and there were so many fans that I even remember who took those pictures at each place.

Yuri: It was exam time for me, so I went to school and took my exams. I wanted to study a bit during this vacation time. I wanted to invest in myself during the time that was given to me so I practiced, exercised, read books, and studied. It was really great because I really wanted to do these things. I guess I can say I wanted to fill myself up when I had the time.

Sooyoung: That's what she's like. She was going to play but ended up studying. Hahaha.

Sunny: I went to Las Vegas, but I was so busy watching performances. Even just thinking about it now, "Ka" and "O" (Cirque du Soleil) were so amazing that I still miss it.

Hyoyeon: I find going out to places very annoying so I just spent time with my family. I didn't do anything and didn't go out anywhere. I just ate, slept, watched TV, and just rested!

Taeyeon: I went home, but the funny thing was that just because I was away from the members for a few days, I missed them so much.

Tiffany: That's right. I've been with Taeyeon for 6 years, and this was the first time we've been apart for so long. After 10 days, we made a big fuss because we missed each other and sent each other text messages and pictures.

Sooyoung: Yeah. I thought we wouldn't miss each other during this break, but after only a few days, each of us made a fuss because we all missed each other. Hahaha. I went to the States and while I was there, I missed the kids so much. It was weird because even when i was eating good food, I thought of the members. I guses we've really become a family.

Source: An excerpt on Bestiz, taken from Cosmopolitan
Translation: [email protected]

triplet64 triplet64
  • Donors
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Yay sooyoung! I found this article very interesting and I'm glad the girls actually got a vacation from there extremely long and busy schedule.

cedge cedge
  • Media
  • 3268 posts

Rofl SooRi & TaeNy~
Mmmm thanks for the translation ^_^

귞냄 웃자

Twitter

d1ana d1ana
  • Project Leaders
  • 343 posts

what?! Sunny was in Las Vegas??? O_O interesting...

and nice~~~ Yoona went to Paris & Rome o.o I wanna go there too D:

they've all really became a family =3

thanx for translating!~ hope we get the full scans soon ;)

Posted Image
credit: roovette12
Posted Image | Posted Image | Twitter | Me2Day | Website | Fanfic
credit: mon_x2

co121e co121e
  • Donors
  • 435 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Awwwww....so sweet!! I give these gals immense kudos for relaxing and using their break wisely!! Thank you for translating!!

Posted Image
Graphic courtesy of nin/nincomboob

sheekSSICA sheekSSICA
  • Donors
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

"It was weird because even when i was eating good food, I thought of the members"

HAHAHAH that seriously cracked me up. oh shikshin :] but that's super cute of them. but dude, sunny in vegas! how cool is that? i wonder tiffany and jessica do during the break.. shop? lol thanks for translating!

Eruphel Eruphel
  • Donors
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Lol at Sooyoung's answers. But this is too sweet. They really did miss each other.

Just wondering what the other girls(Sica, Seohyun) were doing at the time. hehe

ain12 ain12
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Soshi bond. Say they're annoyed with each other but then miss each other when apart for too long. Lol. I hope they had fun and rested well, the Japanese promotions are gonna be hectic!

Dienes PeeWee Dienes PeeWee
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

didn't taeyeon went to singapore??
i saw the articel, when she's there...

taeny moments.... :laugh:
always shikshin talked about eat and food... :laugh:

neomu banjjak banjjak nooni booshuh no no no no no
neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nollan naneun oh oh oh oh oh
neomu jjarit jjarit momi ddeullyuh gee gee gee gee gee
o juhjeun nunbit (oh yeah~) oh joeun hyanggee (oh yeah yeah yeah~)

beebeebobobo beebeebobobo
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Yoona: ahh so jealous she got to go to europe, lucky...
Yuri: what a hard working student, I admire that. I would always choose play over study so my mom always looks like this :rtfm:
Sooyoung: haha always mentions food, I also love food very much
Sunny:cir du soleil? I wanted to go see them but my sister didn't take me...:(
Hyoyeon: she sounds like me, all I did this summer was stay at home, eat, and sleep
Taeyeon and Tiffany: lol they miss each other s much and the others, of course because they've been together forever!

now I wonder what Jessica and seohyun did during their break?
Posted ImagePosted Image

"If you’re still Girls’ Generation in the next lifetime, I will stillï»ż be a SONE" -anon.

TK TK
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

omgsh taeeny! lol just shows how ten days apart makes a diffrence.
They might as well be together forever ^^ hahahahahahah lol anyone agree with me? heh? heh? ;)

"Let's do a kiss of love." - Yuri

Posted Image

----------------------____________매일매일 써니데이...______________----------------------
we're nothing without 9

CNtotheBlue CNtotheBlue
  • Donors
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Ahhh how sweet are these girls? Seriously.. I admire their bond a lot and hope it will last forever. Lol @ TaeNy =3
"Heard about you before. I wanted to know some more. And now I'm about to see, what you mean to me."

gotmilk? gotmilk?
  • Donors
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

they're so cute! i liked hyoyeon's answer the best =) and i love how soo young's like there was good food but she thought of the girls... how does food make you think of the girls? o.0 shikshin as always XD thanks for translating!

soozarr soozarr
  • Donors
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

Finally they had a well deserved break after working very hard to achieve what they had these past years.
Glad to read this article knowing they miss each other when they are apart.
Sooyoung food comment as always very touching when you ate something and it reminds you of your loved ones.
<3 Sooyoung (hope to meet the girls in Singapore this Oct!)

Follow me @soozarr | Sooyoung S♄ranghe! SNSD Fighting! My Favorite Number Had Always Been 9. It's Fate.

itstee itstee
  • Donors
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

thanks for letting us know what they did during their vacation. it was great to hear that sunny was in vegas having fun and the other members chose to stay home with their families and just rested and relaxed. Yuri used her time wisely too.

Posted Image

youngjaein youngjaein
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3125 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

lol at yoona cant escape fans even in europe hahha.. fans should also take a break and give them some

privacy.. awww.. they are really sweet. family love. they miss each other not just soori or taeny..

.. thanks for sharing! hope i can also have a copy of the cosmo..

Realvoix Realvoix
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

They hadn't had a long break since their debut, that would've been so tiring.
It's great that finally they have time to rest and have fun. They deserve it.
Everyone did different things, it's very interesting to read.
Thanks for sharing, it's very appreciated and loved!
SNSD & Soshified fighting!

Yong Hwa is my TRUE LOVE
SeoHyun+YongHwa=Sweet Potato couple=Cutest couple ever!
Posted Image

~Twitter~Facebook~DeviantArt~Livejournal~

DorkYY DorkYY
  • Donors
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

thanks for letting us know~

but where tiffany went to?

i really like it when tiffany said that she is with taeyeon for 6years

TaeNy shipper here~

they really deserve more break~

TAEYEON-C TAEYEON-C
  • Donors
  • 1727 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ahem TaeNy, aren't you guys being a little too obvious? ahahha, Sooyoung, aw. Of course you girls are a family. ;) its always amusing to see Sooyoung call them kids, LOL.

Thanks for translating.
Posted Image
You are the one that
I envisioned in my dreams

Kurotsu Kurotsu
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

It warms my heart just by reading this :).

They're really sweet to each other! Of course their popularity's increasing when they're showing such humble emotions towards each other

SNSD Jjang!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing