[FAN ACCNT] A Samchon Fan's Account, (Part 3)Last Part

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic
taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

Here's the last part :)
It's not as long/eventful as Parts 1 and 2, but it's still sweet nonetheless :)
Enjoy!

>> Part 1 of this fan account can be found [HERE] and Part 2, [HERE]<<

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF SSF!
THIS WAS A PERSONAL FAN ACCOUNT POSTED BY THE SAMCHON, AND WE GOT HIS CONSENT TO TRANSLATE IT HERE.
FOR HIS PRIVACY, SO THAT PEOPLE WON'T BE STALKING HIM EVERYWHERE, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS OUT OF SSF!
THANKS! ^^

“Isn’t it sad that even if we have eyes to see the stars in the sky, we are not able to reach even the tip of a tree branch?”
Mrs. Parkinson smiled as she shook her head. “But we are still able to see the stars.”

-Polaris Rhapsody (A book by Lee Youngdo)

As my connections with Fany continue, I begin to wonder about the connection between me and my own star…
And I realized that I’m satisfied with the fact that I found my star, and that I possess eyes that are able to see it.

This happened two days after the fansign event where Fany recognized me.
Fany and Hyoyeon were guests on Kim Changyeol’s radio show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyHcTuA70M

[Video translation – In this cut, they read a message sent in by a listener, and Fany explains a story…
KCY: “My husband is a huge fan of SNSD…”
Fany: “My husband…” (Christina impersonation)
KCY: She asked, “Do married men send you letters and things like that?”
Hyo: Of course.
Fany: Yes!
KCY: Oh, really?
Fany: Not too long ago, we held a fansign event.
And a samchon fan said that for his daughter’s baptismal name…
Hyo: That’s right.
Fany: He gave her the name Stephanie. My real name is Stephanie.
I was really touched.
Thank you!]

I guess this is what’s called a special connection…
If Fany hadn’t gone on that radio show as a guest… If that woman with her soshi-fan husband hadn’t left that text message…
If the PD or scriptwriter of the radio program hadn’t chosen that specific text message for Kim Changyeol to read…
And if Kim Changyeol didn’t ask the question…
If I hadn’t written that one line with a “P.S” on the card I gave to Fany at the fansign event two days before…
Then none of this would have happened.
What’s more important than me telling that story to Fany… is that this incident showed that Fany doesn’t throw away any of the fans’ letters or cards, but she reads each and every one…
And Hyoyeon, listening to the story said… “That’s right..” which means Hyoyeon saw it too? --;;
And plus, Fany was happy when she saw that…
I was happy just knowing that..
Thank you, Tiffany...

After a few days, another Run Devil Run fansign event came up..
Fany and Taeyeon were put in the same team..
I didn’t hesitate… I just tried for it… and I got chosen.
It was a little difficult because it was the weekend, but I couldn’t miss out on it.
On the page with Fany’s picture in the album, I wrote on a post-it note, “Stephanie’s Dad.”
It came to Fany’s turn..
Fany gave a light greeting… and seeing at what Yuri signed, she double-checked my name..
And as soon as she flipped to the page with her picture… she jumped up in surprise and greeted me again..
And she told me.. that she told the story of my daughter on the radio.
I told her that I saw it, and I said thank you.
And I also said I’ll see her later in Shanghai and left.

Actually when I went to Shanghai, there were many complications..
Starting from purchasing the ticket… to lying to my family… taking a short break from work…
The people I was supposed to go with cancelling…
Getting new people to go with… That was such big of a hassle, I won’t write about that…
Many people have also written about what the Shanghai concert was like, so I won’t go into too much detail…

I thought I got really good seats when I bought my ticket… but when I saw my seat when I got there, it was absurd…
If comparing to the standing ABCD sections from the concert in Korea… that whole standing area was arranged with seats.
I got seats around what would have been section B… but the seats in sections A and B don’t face the main stage, the two sections face each other.
So to see the main stage, you’d have to turn your head 90 degrees to the right…
It was so strange.
When I sat down, it was totally 90degrees turned away from the stage, so I could barely see it T_T
This seat was worth about 220 000 in Korean won. [~ $193 USD]
I was so appalled at that moment… I was dumbfounded…
(I have a lot of things to say to SM about this too, but I won’t say that here…)
Even though I was at the concert, I was thinking “forget this” and really wanted to leave…
So I might as well not have watched the girls’ first performance… All I was doing was thinking whether I should buy another ticket from a scalper outside…

But I was being tested to see if I was truly a dukhoo to my bones.
When the girls started singing, I stood on top of the backrest of the seat… not even the seat itself… not even the armrest of the seat… and sang along to the songs, cheered, and practically danced along to the songs together with the Chinese fans.
I saw the working miracles of ITNW that can save even a dying dukhoo…
The seat that I stood on top of collapsed.. and I was squished under with the Chinese fans T_T
Because of that, I sprained my ankle and was in pain for a few days
(Girls… you don’t really have to know… that this samchon went through all this trouble just to see you.. T_T)
But anyway, because they were singing ITWN… I found myself getting back up to cheer again… OTL
Posted Image

The seat I had was in front, on the very right corner…
Fany came to the section… and I yelled out at her as if my throat was going to explode…
But obviously she wouldn’t hear me.. --;;
When the concert was at about the half-way point… the song “Be happy” came on…
Fany dragged Seohyun and came toward my section…. And she dragged her to the very right corner of the stage..
(My favourite song at that time was “Be Happy” T_T)
Fany found me sitting at the very front… and she seemed to be really surprised..
She waved her hand and suddenly stopped… and did a 90-degree bow towards me..
And in a moment of confusion, I did a big bow back… T_T
I was so confused… and when I looked around me… the Chinese dukhoos looked at me and went, “What the heck is this dukhoo?”
When I looked behind me… the Korean dukhoo and Japanese dukhoo that I came along with… both were looking at me with totally shocked expressions….
I wasn’t mistaken… T_T
Posted Image
This is the picture of Fany right before she was about to bow… You can see what kind of area I was seated at.. --;;

Hmm, what should I say…
When I first saw Fany… I felt, “Oh, so Fany is this kind of kid..”
In the middle of singing on stage… just because she saw a fan she recognized… she does a big bow to them…
I don’t know if their management company would have disapproved of that…
But being so glad to see her… I unconsciously bowed back like a child…
I think Fany might be too pure/innocent of a kid to be a celebrity…
But… seeing her like that makes her so loveable…
And I’m definitely not saying these things just because she acknowledged me and said hi to me… --;;

And lastly… the recent Biotherm fansign event..
I already wrote a post about that crazy event after I went, but …
I brought Kim Dukhwa’s Fany figurine to deliver it for him…
So I could give the Fany figurine to its respective owner…
[I guess somebody made a doll of Fany and Stephi’s dad was delivering it to Fany for this person]
Posted Image
I was getting Yuri’s signature first, but Fany recognized me before anyone…
I took out the Fany figurine, and as soon as Fany said thank you… she looked down and took a while to write something out…
I didn’t even tell her my name, but she wrote it for me… “Stephi’s dad”

Posted Image
http://tvpot.daum.ne...id=0-sY8NrGuKA$
Tiffany was caught on camera when she smiled and said goodbye as I got my autograph and was leaving….
I think the member, “likely,” posted it on Taenggall… I’m just reposting it here.

I don’t have anything more that I want from Fany…
There’s not even anything I want to make sure of anymore…
I just decided to support Fany for the rest of my life…
I want to try to get Tiffany as a solo model for my company using any influence I can…
When I celebrate my 60th birthday, I’m going to call SNSD to come perform at the party… --;;
The words that I wrote here were not written to rub it in anybody’s faces… I just wanted to share that Fany is this kind of kid… and to share how touched I felt by her…
I’m really someone who’s old enough now…
And I’m the department head of a company that’s ranked as number 1 in business in the world… so I’m not some loser T_T

I couldn’t post this anywhere else…
Honestly, it took me a whole lot of courage just to register for TheStephi..
Although, I have written bits and pieces of this whole story on other sites, I ask that nobody take this out of here… T_T

From, Stephanie’s Dad..

[P.S. Scroll down to post #17! ^^]

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF SSF!
THIS WAS A PERSONAL FAN ACCOUNT POSTED BY THE SAMCHON, AND WE GOT HIS CONSENT TO TRANSLATE IT HERE.
FOR HIS PRIVACY, SO THAT PEOPLE WON'T BE STALKING HIM EVERYWHERE, PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS OUT OF SSF!
THANKS! ^^

Source: Winelight at TheStephi.com
Translation: [email protected]
Credit: [email protected], [email protected]

soCOOL soCOOL
  • Donors
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

Finally,..!!! seems like it'll be awhile for Stephanie's dad to post up his fourth episode of the chronicle...
Anyways, thanks mishyyy

Posted Image Posted Image

moirai moirai
  • Donors
  • 524 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for the translations!~ ^__^
Wow this fan account is jjang...
Tiffany's not your ordinary celebrity, shes not arrogant and full of pride ^_^
I wonder how is it possible to hate someone like her :/
That samchon fan is awesome!
Snsd<3~

Edited by JeTi~, 16 May 2010 - 06:53 PM.

Formerly known as JeTi~

Lingoo Lingoo
  • Donors
  • 1334 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Yay part 3 came out, thanks alot for translating it ^_^
a really nice way to finish and he became the fan knows as stephi's dad. Tiffany bowed to him during the concert ^o^ all the fans surrounding must've been like....woah....*envious max* and he stood like THAT for the concert? admirable for a samchon xD
his mission's complete, he really gave an account of what Fany's like, I applaud his bravery as an older fan
Musings...Collections Sanctuary

Appleluv Appleluv
  • Donors
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Wow Fany is just so awesome lol This samchon is really sweet hehe.
Its cool how Fany remembers him~

kiwifruit kiwifruit
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

I love reading his fan accounts, his personal story of how he became an SNSD/Fany fan. Thank you for translating and posting! :)

It's so sweet that she remembers him and that he vows he will keep on supporting her..

kool_fany kool_fany
  • Donors
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

wow nice for fany... she is really that kind of kid who didnot easily forget every kindness toward her. and i bet she must remember more about every harsh comment and attack on her. guess this what make fany is mature so much. that is why she was also my fav.

jingaling! jingaling!
  • Donors
  • 2773 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

awwww that is one cool samchon fan. he's so lucky.
and of course, stephanie is as sweet as ever<3

지금은. 앞으로도. 영원히.

きっと誰もが希望を探して 全ての過去を旅した

小さなてのひら 集めた種から 花束になるように ♫

kool_fany kool_fany
  • Donors
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

^
^
Sorry for the double post above...

wow nice for fany... she is really that kind of kid who didnot easily forget every kindness toward her. and i bet she must remember more about every harsh comment and attack on her. guess this what make fany is mature so much. that is why she was also my fav. thank you for this enlightening fan account.

sarahbot sarahbot
  • Donors
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

omg sooooo sweet. I love this guy's stories, I hope he posts more in the future since he will no doubt be seeing them more.

thanks mishy!

CNtotheBlue CNtotheBlue
  • Donors
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

So I'm hoping Tiffany comes on SSF one day and sees this story.. Thanks again for translating and to the original samchon for his courage. This story really gives me hope.. ;)
"Heard about you before. I wanted to know some more. And now I'm about to see, what you mean to me."

-BiBi -BiBi
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

This samchon fan is the best :)
I wished I got chances to see our angels too.
Thanks to this samchon fan for doing so many things for our angels.
Thanks to the translator for translating this.

sciencedork123 sciencedork123
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for finally translating this. I can t wait to read this now!
Posted Image Posted Image

credits: Vtension @ Soshified for icon and banners

As a fanytastics member, I promise to love and cherish all that is pink, To remain secretive with all my dancing mistakes, To outshine others with my aegyo and smiling eyes, And to do everything I can to spread the word about our Brighter than Gems Fany Fany Tiffany! <3

mokochan :) mokochan :)
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

i was smiling the whole time while reading this fan account. samchon is truly amazing~ oh, and lol i love the shirt he wore for the shang hai concert. and fany is just awesome. i think i will just have goosebumps if i hear her saying that she had read one of my letters. lol. [as if that would ever happen :P]

thanks for translating^^

done.

MaiMai! MaiMai!
  • Donors
  • 1192 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

What. A. Good. Fan. Fany is soo nice. . Fanyfan ahaha. I could not help but let this warm my heart. She is... gahh ^^ . and really? this guy is the head of a company puahaha awesome. Thanks so much for this. Proud to be a SONE <3

Addicted♥9 Addicted♥9
  • Donors
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Oh my god. Tiffany remembers him so well . She remembered him at the fansign (I wish I could attend a fansign. :rolleyes: ) and she even bowed to him during the concert?! I bet those people around him were jealous to the max!

Stephi's dad Stephi's dad
  • Donors
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi I'm Stephanie's dad who wrote original posting on TheStephi. :-)

First of all, I'd like to say many thanks to 'mishybear' and Wenting.
It might be really hard work for translation which I really liked.
Actually it was little bit weird for me when I read this translated posting and I thought that I was reading other's posting, not mine. :-)

When I saw so many replies and I thought I should have to appreciate for kindness and warmhearted. T_T
Anyway I'll go to concert in Thailand and it will be my last personal vacation only for me because Stehpanie's mom is pregnant even though Stephanie is already 10 years old. (also I let Stephanie register Official fan club 'SONE' ^^;;)

For your information, The figure of Tiffany is meade by Mr. Kim DukHwa and I suggest to give the figure to Tiffany because I thought that only Tiffany could be owner of this and he agreed. T_T
http://snsdkorean.wo...aracter-update/
http://dvdprime.drea...=1564311&page=1

My English is not good but I'm looking for sharing more happy memory with you.

Stehpi's dad (@winelite on twitter)

tokatoki tokatoki
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

wow this Samchon fan is really jjang :) ...and he likes Tiffany a lot huhu i'm glad that Tiffany always noticed him and mentioned about what the fans did for her... he is one lucky Sone... Stepi's dad jjang!!! :thumbup:
~i really love reading this Samchon's fan saga..he is cool huhu :rolleyes:

:banana:  :bunny:  :banana:

icy112 icy112
  • Donors
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Thank you, Stephi's dad, for writing this great fan account. I really was a huge fan of Fany even before I read this, but this made me love her even more. I think you really succeeded in showing what kind of person Fany is to all the people who read your story. They really are all great and caring people. I hope I can travel around some day like you have and see the girls live at so many events. Fany and SNSD jjang! SONE forever!

Thanks for all your hard work taengbear and SSF!

ghizuu ghizuu
  • Donors
  • 2060 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

Ah! Thanks so much for translating mishy! It was such an and very long Fan account to read! Thanks a lot for the hard work of translating this.
Kr: August 9 - 26 2009 L.A: September 3-5 2010<3 Kr: July 19- August 9 2011<3 NYC: October 21-25 2011<3 February 2<3
We're Nothing Without 9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing