Photo

[INTERVIEW] Sooyoung's High School Newsletter Interview02/11/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic
taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

Sooyoung's school newspaper? did an interview with Sooyoung under the section "Famous JungShin Students."

http://i40.tinypic.com/sdmyxy.jpg

dated 11.02.09

I Always Put in My Best Effort in Every Circumstance

1. Before you debuted as SNSD, while you worked hard as a church choir member, what was the most memorable thing for you?
Training to be a in a church choir was hard, but I made so many memories that I don't regret any of the hard work. I loved performing and having time to sing praise songs in unison with my friends, which was very important to me. Once, we had a performance at my church, and I was so nervous of performing in front of all my family and friends, that I sang all the lyrics and did all the actions wrong. (After we were finished, I got in so much trouble by teacher Park Youngjoo that I cried). Even though I did horribly, my family and church members said they were so touched and even moved to tears. I really can't forget that performance. I couldn't participate in the provincial tour performances because my debut as SNSD was overlapping. I still regret that a little bit.

2. Balancing your school life and celebrity life, what was hard and what made you happy?
Rather than it being hard physically, it was hard because I felt to sorry to my teachers and also my friends for missing choir practices. Although, now I'm really happy that I can say "I graduated from Jungshin Girls High School!"

3. Please tell us your favourite motto or principle you live by.
I don't have one favourite motto, but I live and work hard by listening to a lot of advice from great teachers and sunbae's around me. If I really had to choose one favourite motto, though, it would be "put your best effort in every circumstance." Like, I want to look back in the future and say "I did my best. I worked really hard. Good Job, Sooyoung," to myself. And I always pray, "Please help me to be humble in everything I do so I don't miss any opportunity that You give me, no matter how small it is."

4. Do you want to especially thank a teacher in particular?
I want to bow down and really thank a countless number of teachers. To be honest, I was really worried that they wouldn't like me because I couldn't have a proper school life after my debut, but they took care of me well every time I went. They encouraged me a lot while I was doing my activities as a singer. I really won't forget their grace. I want to thank Principal Park Dongil, teachers Park Yungjoo, Kim Aeri, Suk Jungah, No Hyunsook, and teacher Joo Yaekyung with whom I will always feel sorry towards for not keeping promises. Also, I want to thank the teachers that taught me before teacher Kim Yongsun. I will become a student you can be proud of; one who won't be shy in front of my teachers.

5. Please say a word to your juniors who want to become celebrities.
Becoming a celebrity looks glamorous on the outside, but it's really not an easy road because there are so many times you want to give up because it's so hard and tiring. Please pray and think long and hard about it. And if you still choose this path, then never give up and you have to believe in yourself so much that you won't fall from other people's words. If you are very sensitive and are hurt easily, it won't be easy at all, but just be firm in what you want and do your best! You will fail a few times, but if you don't fail at first, it's easy to become arrogant when you succeed, so even if you fail, don't be sad and get up and try again! I hope you stand strong. Fighting!

--------

credit: sosiz.net , soy
translated: mbear@soshified.com
edited by: aseo@soshified.com

jgrace jgrace
  • Donors
  • 2455 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

sooyoung... omg her words are so touching and meaningful :)
she's a sweetheart, and i love how she's so truthful with everything especially in the last part - where she admits how difficult it can be.

thanks so much for posting this! <3

Posted Image

c; Evon&taengoo.

HolyCarrot HolyCarrot
  • Donors
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

This made my eyes wet. T___T Sooyoung has such a nice heart; makes me feel like I should also do my best.

Thanks a lot for translating this!
Taeganger's Vow

As a
Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo, to remain secretive with my butt fetishes,
to
laugh whenever
and however I want, to do everything I can to helpTaeyeon in her
quest to conquer
the world, and also, to wear a mustache to make my Taeyeon
proud!

ghizuu ghizuu
  • Donors
  • 2060 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

Sooyoung is such a strong girl!
I really love how humble she is and that she has faith in God ^_^
Her advice for the juniors... she's such a good rolemodel.
Kr: August 9 - 26 2009 L.A: September 3-5 2010<3 Kr: July 19- August 9 2011<3 NYC: October 21-25 2011<3 February 2<3
We're Nothing Without 9

sooyoung_05 sooyoung_05
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Her words are very touching.
Strong Sooyoung~
This interview is very inspiring!
Thanks for translating!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yongwonhi so nyuh shi dae saranghaeyo,

HyperionZ HyperionZ
  • Donors
  • 1105 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ahh Sooyoung, she reall does speak her mind alot. Its very touching reading the things she had to go through and having no time for school much compared to the group. I like how she says to her juniors that being a celebrity is not as glamorous as people think it is, and you got things, but also lose lots like their privacy. Keep on fighting Sooyoung.
Posted Image
Banner credit to icy-love

ThePopPianist ThePopPianist
  • Donors
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

I'm touched by her sincere and hoenst answers.
After reading that, I'm very sure that Sooyoung's an awesome person, one who's responsible and passionate about everything.
God has blessed her all these while and I hope He will continue to guide and bless her and also SNSD through their journey.

Sooyoung, keep that faith you have in God and He will lead you on.

Thanks for translating the interview.

Posted Image

There's nothing much I can offer now,
but I'll support them in a more obvious and greater scale in the years to come.
(:
Soshi, you have my word.
God bless, SNSD

shizzles9 shizzles9
  • Donors
  • 1111 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

The dork's words are so honest, that's what I love about her. She sounds so mature here, and to think just about a year plus ago, she was just debuting. She's come a long way, and she's still got so many possible things going for her. Sooyoung is jjang!

"Right, our relationship is just natural now. Conflicts and harsh arguments with each other, we are long past that stage." -Taengoo

stargenx stargenx
  • Donors
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

i love that sooyoung always speaks from her heart. she is really humble and she gives good, reasonable advice to her juniors.
thanks for the translations.
Posted ImagePosted Image

© sweetie_candy@sj-world [yunho banner] danhobak [avatar]

.smile! .smile!
  • Donors
  • 1513 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:26 AM

If I really had to choose one favourite motto, though, it would be â??put your best effort in every circumstance.â? Like, I want to look back in the future and say â??I did my best. I worked really hard. Good Job, Sooyoung,â? to myself. And I always pray, â??Please help me to be humble in everything I do so I donâ??t miss any opportunity that You give me, no matter how small it is.â?

best.:)

thanks for the translations, mbear.

I dont know if anyone noticed, after the 9 month hiatus, i noticed that Sooyoung became more tamed. I don't really know how to say but she got more mature.(Same as Fany, both are the more obvious ones.)

And you are trying your best, Sooyoung and many can tell. Stay strong always stand by your motto.<3

Posted Image

Orbanrone Orbanrone
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

I dont know if anyone noticed, after the 9 month hiatus, i noticed that Sooyoung became more tamed. I don't really know how to say but she got more mature.(Same as Fany, both are the more obvious ones.)

I noticed too. i'm proud of these two girls and the others too.

Sooyoung, you've grown up.
Sometimes i think she knows more than she should. She's grateful to the ones who had taught her and cared for her.
Proud of you.
There's more to it than what it seems.

Posted Image

LURKING. Comments per day : 1 or nil. Hehe. Peace. (^_^)v

meeramans meeramans
  • Donors
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:11 AM

You will fail a few times, but if you donâ??t fail at first, itâ??s easy to become arrogant when you succeed,

this is the best advice i ever heard in my life. it is so meaningful. it is more meaningful coming from sooyoung, whom she herself had trained for years. she has a great personality. i adore her
thanks for translating

Posted ImagePosted Image
avvy cr love soshi l banners cr xsimplymeeex

JPhobia JPhobia
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

Wow Sooyoung's words at the final part of the interview were so meaningful and so true. I wish she could become my motivator or something. I'll take her words into account. :)
credit: sobriquet.

Qwote Qwote
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Wow, Sooyoungs words are strong,
I wish that the juniors and people younger can take her words into account
thank you for translating ^_^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to Karu & Stardustii (:

Music52Freak Music52Freak
  • Donors
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

SOoyoung hwaiting!!, I'll always luv you!! Becoming an artist is a hard and tiring road, but with all ur fan support u can go a long way!

Posted Image Posted Image

["Keep living your dream, do what you want to do, not what you have to. Live a life of memories and no regrets"]

FoodShiDae - FoodSD - Posted Image

T-L T-L
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

She's very modest, and sounds very grown up especially with the words to the juniors, SNSD Fighting!
Thanks for translating too.
Cherish your time with the one's around you because you never know when that time will be gone.

#9 & #22
Taeyeon & Jessica Struck~

m4rshmall0w m4rshmall0w
  • Donors
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

To me, Sooyoung had always been mature even before the 9 months hiatus. This girl always know what to say and has the right answers to any questions. I really admire her for that and as many fans have said, Soo is SNSD's public relations. :)
DJ: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hyo: I wouldn't feel embarrassed about being a SNSD member. For me, I think I would feel proud thinking "I was SNSD". These days too I always think, when I have kids, I'll show them my videos proudly and say, "This was your mom! The person with her bangs (lol) waving around prettily, that's your mom!"
C:HJ

eunsoo eunsoo
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1973 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

syoungie answering the interview are soo touching and meaningful to me. i just got failed result for 'something' yesterday, her words for the 5th question really make me to stand more strong now! ><
thanx to syoungie, and syoungie Hwaiting!! <3
anyway, thanx too for the translations. ^^

Posted Image

blizzard77 blizzard77
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

This interview is so inspiring
our talented Sooyoung is growing up to be a strong lady

i love how she express her mind

frec_91 frec_91
  • Donors
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

Sooyoung's words are so touching
She is really strong as a girl to me
i supposed many people will be inspired by her interview
and thanks mbear for translating=)
really wanted to know more about the girls, especially Sooyoung.

itsyou/Story0210

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soshi,f(x), Share the love~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah