Photo

[OTHERS] SBS Inkigayo's Filming Director | Filming Stars Through a Fan's Perspective

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic
taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

This is a really short excerpt from a lonnngg 10Asia article on the filming directors of SBS Inkigayo. It mentions SNSD and their expectant fans that come to watch them on the show. ^^

SBS Inkigayo's Filming Director | Filming Stars Through a Fan's Perspective

Question 1: If you wanted to watch a performance of Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry," which show would be the best to watch?
1) MBC Music Core
2) KBS Music Bank
3) SBS Inkigayo
I don't know about regular viewers, but if you were a Super Junior fan, you would have chosen the third, SBS Inkigayo. Inkigayo is a special program nowadays because subtle and dynamic in the way they never miss any of the 12 members doing their complicated, but unified, "Sorry Sorry" dance and song.
[...] What makes Inkigayo different than any other gayo program? We met with Inkigayo filming directors, Kim Jaewon and Choi Gilwoong.

[...]

Posted Image
It's possible to have such a good stage for performances like "Sorry Sorry" (left) and "Gee" when the conditions, set, and lighting are all working nicely together.

10: What was the main focus of SNSD's stages as opposed to 2PM or Super Junior?

Kim Jaewon: The dances and atmosphere for "Himnae" and "Gee" are very cute, so we tried to bring out that concept. The majority of SNSD's fans seemed to be male students, so it was really funny when we couldn't focus because they would sit in their seats and shout really loudly, like cows crying, in their very low voices. So during rehearsal, I asked them, "Guys, do you really like them that much?" and they answered, "Of course. Try being like us." Their suggestion for me to look at them in the fans' perspectives hit me. So when the members came out on stage, I thought I should capture their pretty and lovable gestures that the fans go crazy for with the best of my abilities.

10: But lately, there seems to be a lot of fans that are rivals of the shows. Since there are a lot of fans that film the performances with their own video cameras, is there pressure on the broadcasting company to show them a better video in terms of technicality?

Kim Jaewon: Seriously, viewers and fans today are not only very critical and expect a lot, they also know a lot themselves and are very active on the topic. So Inkigayo is different now than it was 10 years ago, so we have to study on it even more. To put things simply, it's not something where I can go out for a drink one night and come to work the next day saying, "Ah, so tired," and hold the camera any way I want. It's now at a level so that even if I stay until midnight to monitor and film, I'm only 70% satisfied.

[...]

Source: Sosiz and 10asia
Translations: [email protected]

anneth jung anneth jung
  • Donors
  • 3199 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

like a cows crying, in their very low voices

hahaha fanboys <3 its funny how they answer the question if they like snsd that much ..
I love the stage in inkigayo too many lights o.o
thanks for translating!

TK TK
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

hahaha the way men shout sound like cows? hahaha thats funny its true though especially with there low voices... it must sound weird keke anyways thnx for the trans

"Let's do a kiss of love." - Yuri

Posted Image

----------------------____________매일매일 써니데이...______________----------------------
we're nothing without 9

envee envee
  • Donors
  • 1003 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

Ah, the film director and cameramen work really hard! LOL @ the part where he said the dudes are like cows crying hahaha! I'd be one of those cows ^^ It is smart for them to pay closer attention the the gestures and stuff, it really is what the fans love haha. Inki really does a good job at camera angles and stuff. Interesting interesting, thanks for translating!

Posted ImagePosted Image

JeTi SooRi

Twitter me :)

credits to:
juhyun ♥ -> avatar
sica-effect ♥ -> JeNy sig
nutternut -> SooRi sig

ghizuu ghizuu
  • Donors
  • 2060 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Haha the comment on the fanboys is funny! It's really cool that it hit the person filming to see what it is like to be a fan and film the stage well.
I personally love SBS Inkigayo broadcasts.
Kr: August 9 - 26 2009 L.A: September 3-5 2010<3 Kr: July 19- August 9 2011<3 NYC: October 21-25 2011<3 February 2<3
We're Nothing Without 9

ethereal. ethereal.
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

Fanboys are the cutest thing ever. really.
They are really great fans. Haha.
Inkigayo's the best!
thanks for sharing the translations

Forever9__________________________________________________

Posted Image

___________________________________________________♠ ♦ ♣ ♥

m4rshmall0w m4rshmall0w
  • Donors
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

I still think the Sorry Sorry performance's lighting in general is too dark. But i do like Inkigayo when SNSD performed their 2nd Gee there after Music Core. The girls were perfect that night and i'm sure i'm not the only one that's just saying that because i'm a fan.

SNSD fan-boys are too awesome, PD's epiphany in camera works. Nice.
DJ: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hyo: I wouldn't feel embarrassed about being a SNSD member. For me, I think I would feel proud thinking "I was SNSD". These days too I always think, when I have kids, I'll show them my videos proudly and say, "This was your mom! The person with her bangs (lol) waving around prettily, that's your mom!"
C:HJ

adrian adrian
  • Donors
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

fanboys are awesome. :D
its weird how he described fanboys as cows crying in their very low voices. lol
thanks for translating. ^^

blissfulskye blissfulskye
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Aww poor staff they get as much criticism from the netizens as the celebs themselves =/
But it is a really good idea to film it from a fan's P.O.V. where it's important to film every member ^^
Rofl fanboys~ Thanks for sharing and translating!

Forever 9
Posted Image
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

passmethewrinch passmethewrinch
  • Donors
  • 1005 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

like cows crying, in their very low voices

Aww fanboys are adorable. SNSD performances are more energetic (and quite amusing) because of them. ^^

LovingTaeSica LovingTaeSica
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2743 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

hahaah! fanboys are always present...
well, i'm glad that he always tries his best to capture SNSD's cute expressions...
thanks for sharing..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Fanfic: COUNTING KISSES WITH YOU SO NEAR YET SO FAR FAREWELL MY LOVE

TAENGSIC, I WANT TO DREAM WITH YOU FOREVER BECAUSE YOU MAKE MY LIFE COMPLETE!
Credits: poorprincess.@livejournal-ava & pinkberii-icons+banner

kris_argee kris_argee
  • Donors
  • 1206 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

lol @ the fanboys like cows crying
personally, i also like SNSD's inkigayo stages better than mucore and mubank
inkigayo stages are brighter and i like the designs of their background
what i don't like about inki though is they don't allow fancams lol
icon by orangedeuce @ lj

byzantine1010 byzantine1010
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2123 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

awh! thats so sweet xD lol actually the cow part
cracked me up :D mhm they prolly dont get why fans
go crazy when our girls go out.. pssh im sure they'll
go bananas too

thanks for translating(:
"I let my racket do the talking. That's what I am all about, really. I just go out and win tennis matches."
-Pete Sampras

Never discuss love with a tennis player, it means nothing to them

cheong min cheong min
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

we couldn't focus because they would sit in their seats and shout really loudly, like cows crying, in their very low voices. So during rehearsal, I asked them, "Guys, do you really like them that much?" and they answered, "Of course. Try being like us."

I just imagined cows calling "Yoooooooona!!! Muuu XD" love love love those low voice cows XDDD, fanboys are awesome specially when they dance a long to stuff xD.

Posted Image
YulHae Spazzer <3! {CSJH ✿.} is Sh✩pley L✪ve

barapamos barapamos
  • Donors
  • 1594 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

Each music shows have their own charm but I have to say that Inkigayo is one of the best.
I really like the stage and the light. The staff always do such a great job.
It's funny that this staff mentioned about fanboys that they have cow-crying voices. :lol:

We Are Nothing Without 9
Posted Image
Taengoo: "데뷔 후 라디오에서 이렇게 즐거워하는 시카는 처음보내요."
Sica: "탱구랑 같이 있어서 그래여~" -- From ChinChin 090723

Credit Sig Photo: me

Cole Cole
  • Donors
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

shout really loudly like cows crying???
lol do we all really sound like that? hahaha
i've never heard a cow cry really
but fanboys will be fanboys, what can you do?
we love the girls enough to sound like cows crying rofl

laydeebutterfly laydeebutterfly
  • Donors
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

^
i think cows crying is somehow a good expression in korea? but they are not exxagerating when they say inkigayo has the best camera work out of the three network~ ^^ thanx to them all those pretty gestures and faces are aired~
icon credit : Mousey

.smile! .smile!
  • Donors
  • 1513 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

me and my friends were just discussing which gayo show have the best cameramen and decided on Inki.

haha, it's a good idea to put themselves in we, the fans' view and capture the stage and moments at the right timing & person.lol

thanks for sharing this excerpt~

Posted Image

veirent veirent
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

oh.. wow
thanks for sharing this
it's really enlightening when we can see the girls from a different view
i think this gives us a more complete understanding

난 사랑에 빠졌죠~
jessica;sooyoung

GirlsGEEneration GirlsGEEneration
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

hmmm... i never thought of Inkigayo or any other music broadcasting companies that way before.
it's nice to hear an account from a filming director. i now have new respect for them.
the amount of attention and work they put into filming idols is incredible.

thanks for translating and posting this up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot