Photo

[OTHERS] After Spending About a Day with SNSDA staff account from an assistant staff member of SamYang Ramyun CF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic
taengbear taengbear
  • Donors
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

It's been a while, but I had the opportunity some time ago to work as an assistant staff for the Samyang Ramyun CF shoot with SNSD.

I've seen so many other celebrities that are very full of themselves while working with other teams, but this time around, I was very expectant on working with SNSD, who is the hottest issue right now with boys everywhere this year.

They were way~ more professional than I thought (I was critical of them, but fans, please don't get mad at me haha) and during the breaks, these girls were so loud and noisy that my ears were ringing. Hahaha

I am leaving these words here because I hope that any misunderstandings about this popular girl group will be cleared up.

First, SNSD's staff members came in and explained to us that the girls' conditions were not the best because they had such a packed schedule. Even before SNSD arrived, the staff, like me, were joking amongst each other that this shoot would be difficult since they are the most popular idol stars. At the same time, people were nervous haha.
Well of course, the fact that I was going to see SNSD in real life made me expectant of them. However, I was expecting this shoot to be no different than any other in the way that the celebrities or their staff members would cause a riot and say rude things if the filming went into overtime and tensions started to arise among each other.

The girls broke my negative expectations when they first came on time, even though we were notified they might be late. The first impression that I remember having of them was that the way they greeted people was outstanding... they greeted everyone, including the director, cameraman, and even the assistant staff members who were organizing the props, by saying "Hello, we're SNSD!" and their greeting to everyone changed the atmosphere of the set right from the beginning.

As everyone might have noticed, the dance and song were supposed to be something people can enjoy. So When they first arrived, I guess some members didn't fully memorize the dance yet so a couple of them were practicing hard, and when it wasn't going well, they got frustrated at themselves and dragged another member who knew the dance to receive personal lessons.
And as I was cleaning up one of the props I passed by Tiffany and Yuri, and when I heard them crying(complaining) that they couldn't memorize it well... ah... hehehe

What I remember most is that before the actual filming began, Jessica plopped herself on a sofa on the set as the other members each took turns coming to nap with her. Jessica was already being caught on camera and she was asleep and so defenseless so other members were at first watching and laughing at her. But because it was still awkward with the staff, a few of them sat cross legged around her to hide her face. When I saw that, a father-like smile was plastered on my face, hahaha.
That's when I realized that these ladies were cuter than I thought...

They seemed to be very awkward when they first stood in front of the camera... the director explained to them about the continuity of the shoot and when he really emphasized that their expressions should be cute, I heard mumbling and grumbling here and there because it was so hard and awkward. Hahaha.
Sunny kept saying, "We're still Girls' Generation, were cute! We can do this!" and other things and the other members caught on and repeated Sunny's words. They put their hands together and said "Fighting!" and they stood in front of the camera again...
Even though nobody asked, they so nicely explained that that's what they shout before every performance...

The girls were so distracted and scatterbrained before the shoot, but I began to understand as we continued to film, that that was how they kept by their "fighting". hehe

The shooting went through midnight and early morning and the staff and SNSD were all getting tired, but every time they took break they massaged each others' shoulders and when filming resumed, they yelled "We'll work hard, fighting!" so we, the staff, continued working without complaints. When filming had to stop because one of them made a mistake in the dance, everybody would just laugh it off and continue because the mistaken member would blame themselves so harshly before anybody even said anything. hahaha

And this was very surprising: they were a girlgroup, but they put each other in a headlock when they play! hahaha The director, who was watching the screen so seriously, burst out in sudden laughter when they did that...
Because of that, their hair became messy so the codi [codi = coordinator = stylist] had to come running in, too...

During the photo shoot, what I personally remember most is... a close friend of an advertiser [for Samyang] bluntly took a picture with SNSD. Nobody can really refuse when they ask, but soon all the lighting crew and a hyung I was working with went to go ask if they could take a picture with Yoona, Sunny, and Seohyun, who were resting and sitting on top of each other on one side of the set. Even if they got rejected, they thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, but the girls so gladly took some pictures with them, so they were so surprised...

Unfortunately, their manager came over from afar and gave a warning look. I noticed that the manager's look showed it would be difficult to take a picture, so I said it I was fine and didn't a picture, but now I regret not having a picture to look back at hahaha Maybe because they're idols, but they especially seemed to pay attention to their manager's looks more than other celebrities. Thanks to those who took the pictures with the girls, we were constantly being watched by that manager... Even though I'm not a stalker, nor was I ever really a SNSD fan, I felt sad because of his over-protectiveness, but oh well...

Anyway, after that, I've worked on many different things including other commercial shoots, but that hyung and I both keep thinking back on SNSD. There were many problems here and there with lighting or a prop, and the shoot was delayed so they missed some of their schedules...
Apart from just being pretty (actually, anybody could see they looked really tired), they were so professional when they went to their signing without frowning once. Even how they took care of many staff members and encouraged them while they were resting is still deeply in my thoughts.

For the all the SNSD fans, I think you can be rest assured that these people are worth cheering for in the future. As for myself, I plan to continue supporting them as a fan when watching a music program in the future, or as a staff member if I am lucky enough to meet them again.

I posted this on a private community, but I came onto bestiz today so I decided to post it here. If you dislike anything I said, please tell me.

Original Poster: 온D
Source: bestiz.net
Translation: mishybear@soshified.com

Jennyi_jc Jennyi_jc
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2268 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

omg what a lucky staff!!!
lol i'm glad that her negative thoughts towards the girls disappeared haha
yeah the girls are indeed friendly and worth supporting till the very end..
hwaiting~~~

cbFyK.png

"I have a wish.. Please make me a S♥NE forever.."

Twitter

J(tiffany) J(tiffany)
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:12 PM

wow,even if they have a very tight schedule they can work fairly
hehe...they're just noisy because they cant have time having fun
because of their busy shed.
hehe

>.<

:tiffany:

Posted Image

Dorky♥Love Dorky♥Love
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Lol lucky^^

Yeah the girls always work hard & never give up
That's the power of So Nyuh Shi Dae!! ^_^

LOL they are really tired, just like the ice princess
So u work where Kpop celebs film MVs? Very interesting^^

Sshi

Posted Image Posted Image

Wenting Wenting
  • Donors
  • 3652 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

awesome stuffs there little bear ^^
thanks for translating such a longgggg entry. rofl...awesome translator <3333

What I remember most is that before the actual filming began, Jessica plopped herself on a sofa on the set as the other members each took turns coming to nap with her. Jessica was already being caught on camera and she was asleep and so defenseless so other members were at first watching and laughing at her.

why am i not surprised? ROFL. and sica's awesome for not being afraid to...just be herself. <3333

Posted Image
200410 04:56AM.100310 17:57PM.290909 00:45AM

MaknaeLove MaknaeLove
  • Donors
  • 2502 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

Nice entry by the staff of Samyang.
I always get this warm feeling inside reading others' opinions of our girls.
Always proud to be a SONE.
Rofl at girls headlocking each other and Sica napping like usual.
If anyone has bad thoughts of our girls, they should just meet them in person.^_^
Posted Image
B-Set: choops. @ Soshified

나의 소원이 되어준, 나의 믿음이 되어준 너와
나의 기적이 되어준, 나의 을 함께 해준 너와
오랜 세월이 흘러도 영원히 너와 꿈꾸고 싶어

shing shing
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

<3 these girls are just awesome.
polite and courteous <3 would love to meet them in person someday as well ah.

thanks for translating~ ^^

aaronsine aaronsine
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

Couldn't be better said. (I'm jealous of the lucky dude who got to take pictures with them~ rawr)

I feel like a proud younger brother hearing (or rather, reading) these comments... even though I'm not related to them. (or so I wish xD)

Thanks for the translation :D I hope there can be more accounts like this so that the darned anti-fans can just shut up.

Edited by aaronsine, 31 October 2009 - 10:38 PM.

Once a S♥NE, forever a S♥NE

Do give my ongoing FanFic a read, if you can: Into A New World (Alternate Universe)

[S♥NE]forever

crusoe125 crusoe125
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2668 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

gosh! indeed our girls are really so nice towards the staff members!
love how they first greeted all the staff members as long as they arrived!
and lol @ sica, she's really a sleepy head!haha
snsd jjang!!!

Posted Image

angelsnow angelsnow
  • Donors
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:38 PM

Thank you for sharing. I've been always curious to how they act behind the scenes with people always saying their not really nice and stuff. It makes me really happy to know that they act the same way in front of camera and behind the scenes.

SY24 SY24
  • Donors
  • 729 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for sharing & translating this! I totally laughed at the part where jessica was sleeping while they were waiting around! xD
That's just so her! and the head locking each other was freakin hilarious! Haha they're girls but they act all boyish!
Fan accounts always gives us a deeper look at the girls & it's just nice that people can recognize that SNSD are sincere & sweet girls.

Posted Image

xMingx xMingx
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

OMG Headlocks!!! the girl sure know how to have fun during break!!
sica as usual dozing of where ever she goes!
& Yulti FTW!!! haha complaning bout theselves!!
this is y i support SNSD they are so different from other idols grp i've known

SNSD FTW!!

envee envee
  • Donors
  • 1003 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

Sounds like they are great people! Must have been hard for them and the staff from long hours of fighting!!~ SNSD fighting!!~ Always know they are genuinely nice and amazing girls :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

JeTi SooRi

Twitter me :)

credits to:
juhyun ♥ -> avatar
sica-effect ♥ -> JeNy sig
nutternut -> SooRi sig

jek_093 jek_093
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

It seems nowadays, a staff who worked with SNSD wants to leave a report about it. haha
First of all, he is lucky. Not just meeting the girls, but also working with them!
Plus, all those negative thoughts he had dissapeared after seeing them~ yohoo~
Well, these 'little stories' always makes me think about why I'm a SNSD fan. And I'm so proud of it! ^^
They got amazing talents and great personalities. They can surely be considered as role models.
I might won't be surprised if in the future, rookies says SNSD was their inspiration, etc. hahaha

Thank you so much for translating and sharing!
We're Nothing Without 9

기도

kenpopp kenpopp
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

From simply anywhere, you find the many loving fans of So Nyuh Shi Dae!

I never expected the staff to post about the girls,
but it really goes to show how much support the girls get from all over!

Snsd hwaiting! =D

xefinne xefinne
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

SoShi really are SoShi xD
i guess you can call this the magic touch that our girls have.
what more is there to say? snsd is ♥~
rather than stressing themselves out during a schedule, they have fun!
laughing it off, take a nap, take a few candid pictures. Heck! i wish i was the staff helping out xD lol
aniwayz, thanks for translating this~ =D
its another proof that snsd is not a normal girl group...
So Nyuh Shi Dae Jjang~ =D wee~

adrian adrian
  • Donors
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

i love reading accounts from staffs that got to worked with the girls. they always brings a smile on my face. (:
the girls can even turn a staff who just worked with them once into a fan. :D

shizzles9 shizzles9
  • Donors
  • 1111 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

A truly, amazing fan account, one of many that simply proves that if you meet SNSD you won't not love the girls. It's just amazing how down to earth these girls can be after propelling to such fame, and I'm so proud of all of them. They cheer each other on, support each other and even then words don't really need to be said. They're such sisters, and this is simply one of the unspeakable reasons of why I'm such a fan, and why I'll stay by their side through it all no matter what anyone else says.

Haha oh and is that the infamous manager that people have been talking about? rofl ^^ It is quite alarming to see the girls be so cautious in front of the manager and even more, you'd think they'd be a little rebellious (maybe for some like Sica hahaha), but maybe there's now this unspoken understanding between all of them and they know it's for the best for all of the 9 girls as a whole.

I need to meet the girls. I really do ^^

"Right, our relationship is just natural now. Conflicts and harsh arguments with each other, we are long past that stage." -Taengoo

Zees2snsd Zees2snsd
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

thanks for sharing ^3^

wat a lucky staff ^3^ how the staff explain that the girls are so pro even tho they tired just makes mi smile ^3^ Everyone just got to LOVE them ^3^ SNSD FIGHTING!!!!! ^3^

Semi-hiatus SRY if i haven't comment my writers >3<

♛Tina is awesome.

73jih1.jpg4160840.png

Taya Taya
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:15 PM

Awwww so cute ^^

And this was very surprising: they were a girlgroup, but they put each other in a headlock when they play! hahaha The director, who was watching the screen so seriously, burst out in sudden laughter when they did that...
Because of that, their hair became messy so the codi [codi = coordinator = stylist] had to come running in, too...

lol !! xD I love the way they did
and they never care about the image =D
that's why the girls received loadsssss of love
snsd forever ~
I'll always support my unnies ^^
Posted Image

♥ snsd.. your sone (( ☆★☆ ~`♪♫ ))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz