[ARTICLE] Girls' Generation 'In 2010 oversea promotions'1.07.10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic
HerCucumber HerCucumber
  • Donors
  • 1853 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

Girls' Generation "in 2010 overseas promotion"

NOTE: My Korean is still lacking in some parts, but I tried my best to translate this article.
If you can provide a better or more understandable translation please PM and I will give you credits. Thank you ~~

Posted Image

In 2010, Girls' Generation will begin their first year for oversea promotions in full-scale.

In February they currently aim to release their new full length album and will now begin steps into Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, and other Asian markets and is preparing for a full-scale advance.

Last month from December 19-20 in Seoul Olympic Stadium they had their 'Into The New World' first Asia tour concert and will be held in other major Asian countries this year.

SM Entertainment said, "They will perform their album in both foreign and domestic areas and will have a great opportunity to meet new fans."
he continued to say that "We will start to move towards a larger goal."

Girls' Generation was voted the most likely to succeed in USA from a Korean website that surveyed 6146 people and in total 1768 people(28.77%) voted for SNSD and have high hopes for oversea expansion.

Last year the girls started with Gee and after Tell Me Your wish which caused a syndrome... Jessica made her musical debut, Yoona starred in Cinderella Man and Taeyeon's radio has been making more progress. There will more activities this year.

Source: ā™”
Translator: ā˜†Genie@soshified.com

Will this mean a debut in the US? Maybe these are more signs of a Japanese market advance? So many possibilities, but it does seem something BIG will happen this year as an award for 2009.

Edited by ☆Genie, 07 January 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

Renatus Renatus
  • Donors
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

I am seriously hoping for the best. I'll be waiting to hear any news relating to oversea promotions. Hope they make it big all over. Let them start in Asian countries and sweep up... then over here in the US! Good luck!

SNSD Fighting!

Thanks for the article translation.

lyphta lyphta
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

I was wondering when this would happen.
SNSD seemed to be the only group in SM that hadn't ventured overseas yet but this is a pretty cool opportunity for them to grow.
It'd be pretty interesting to see if they do come to the US, but I think focusing in Asia first would be a better idea.
Thanks for translating.

greeentee greeentee
  • Donors
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

As much as I'd like to see them in North America, I think it's best for them to stay in Asia. Artists tend to change their identity when doing so (BoA), and SNSD with that North American doesn't feel right to me. If they hold concerts here that's fine, but I'm really not sure about them having promotions here and whatnot. Either way, I'll hope for the best and that SME knows what they're doing.

"If you're still Girls' Generation in the next lifetime, I will still be a SONE."

Ice-Sama Ice-Sama
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Really, I'm against going to the US. I think Asia is where the girls should promote.
US's taste is completely different and cute girls just dont get accepted. The music and culture is a whole lot different so I hope they dont go. They'll change. But if they do end up going, I'll give my support.

Thanks for the news!

SooYoo311 SooYoo311
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

they'll surely be a hit in the US, no doubt about it.. hoping all goes well, so I can finally meet them :in_love:
but for now, i hope they enjoy their break, and relax.. Exciting news!! i hope it can go on as planned
Posted ImagePosted Image
"When he suddenly touches or fixes my bangs, my heart might beat faster." OH MY GAWD

Hamstermomo Hamstermomo
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

It's best for them to stay in asia and I don't see them doing promotions in US, it's a long preparation to be well known around the globe.
btw, Good Luck to our Girls! Let them Conquer Asia (specialy Phillipines) :sq_silver_tongue:
Hwaiting!

Posted ImagePosted Image

[f(x)]Bouncing LEADERS [SNSD]

apatheticskittle apatheticskittle
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

ahhh yesss!!! and i really hope that overseas means... TO AMERICA ^__^
and like i said before not just for hollywood bowl! maybe to... nyc?! PLEASE
hehehe. but i guess it's good for them to tour around asia first and then come to america or europe or something
i wouldn't mind that either ^^;;
snsd fighting!!

nemesis_sun nemesis_sun
  • Donors
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

Debuting in the States is not an easy task. But I wish the success will come to our girls. And soshified will also explore, kaka. Go fighting soshi and soshified!

Posted Image

lego. lego.
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Although debuting into the US would be an amazing opportunity for them, it just wouldn't be the same. I'd like to see them have some concerts in the states, as I'm sure there are plenty of fans that would come to see them, but I think it would be a lot better if they just stuck with Asia for the debuting and whatnot. (:

__Stardust __Stardust
  • Validating
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

Yaaa go conquer those countries whoo ~
It would be cool to see them have a concert in the US though
Good luck to them with their promotions (:

__new signature coming soon

when my laziness isn't overpowering me . __.

Darrell Darrell
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

Finally. I wish SNSD come To America:] Good Luck

I think that was a good idea of SM entertainment.

I can't wait for new SNSD album x)

SNSD FIGHTING

j.a.y j.a.y
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

hmm I think they'll be heading to the Asian market, before stepping their foot in the American music industry.
It seems like the girls will be very busy this year, but I'm glad for them ^^

t-t-taeng.kim♥ t-t-taeng.kim♥
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

I think the girls should focus mainly all of Asia before expanding to the states.

Edited by t-t-taeng.kim♥, 04 June 2012 - 01:15 AM.

hangoo hangoo
  • Donors
  • 1194 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

i think SM wants our girls to conquer all of Asia first. i would like to see them successful in the US too (cus that means i get to see them muhahaha)
but i know it's hard to break the US market cus americans have really different concepts and they could care less about "cuteness" and the girls' personality (like how they're so funny on variety shows) so it'll be hard

Posted ImagePosted Image
cr: bonbonplox (avatar)
As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals, To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world,
To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

pokthim pokthim
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Different tastes would mean that SNSD would have a much harder time trying to attack the US market, they could try it later on with adequate planning but I think Asia would be the next most important goal for the girls an SM if they truly want to be very successful globally..

MaknaeLove MaknaeLove
  • Donors
  • 2502 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

Our girls swept Korea in 2009.
Now the girls will conquer Asia in 2010.
I still doubt the girls will enter the US market though. Not just yet.
Thanks for the article.
Posted Image
B-Set: choops. @ Soshified

나의 소원이 되어준, 나의 믿음이 되어준 너와
나의 기적이 되어준, 나의 을 함께 해준 너와
오랜 세월이 흘러도 영원히 너와 꿈꾸고 싶어

n00bis n00bis
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

overseas promotion and expanding into the asian market but they are not coming to SG T.T SME bring the girls to SG pls... i wonder why is SG not classified under asian countries but thailand is =x
Posted Image
Brighter than gems Fany Fany Tiffany <33
B/T>TI003 foil pm me

Credits: Grimm aka Epicman =D

princesleo princesleo
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:20 PM

I think with the girls dance style of music, i prefer for them to stay in america. In the US the music trend right now is more oriented towards hip-pop, while in asia it's mostly pop. If they stay in Asian countries, i think they will enjoy more success and be well received than in America.

TAEYEON-C TAEYEON-C
  • Donors
  • 1727 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Asia tour is nothing to them, no? I'm sure they can easily achieve that. For US, maybe not so soon. It'd be better for them to focus on Asia for now. C'mon SM, Singapore is under Asia! I hope to see them soon, lol.
Posted Image
You are the one that
I envisioned in my dreams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam