Photo

[2010] Charity for Sooyoung's BirthdayDONATE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic
Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Originally the plan was to work together with Hwasu for Sooyoung's birthday but we ended up having some difference in ideas when it came to what we would be donating for AND with the recent earthquake damaging so much to the population of Haiti we thought if anything this would be the best cause to help donate to in the name of Sooyoung AND Soshified. The thing is I want to make it clear that unless we raise funds ourselves to do a newspaper ad for Sooyoung's birthday, she won't be getting one, so as a side note if you could after you donate tell us if you think we should design and buy ad space for one of deem it unnecessary that would be amazing. Hwasu said they won't be doing an ad for her because they did one last year and it's being overdone, but regardless we have the resources now to do what we need to do on our own to be honest, it's really up to the members.

Because our girls worked with the Red Cross a lot in 2009 (I saw their pictures all over Seoul with Red Cross stuff) we're going to be donating to the Relief fund under the Red Cross for Sooyoung's birthday and I hope everyone is perfectly fine with that. It's a great cause and we're helping. I would like to get donations in soon because they need it more than ever now.

When you donate via paypal please do not forget to send it as a "PERSONAL" GIFT item so that no fees will be deducted and we can give them the donation as a whole.

Paypal to donate: dorkileilafan@hotmail.com
Title: SOOYOUNG'S BIRTHDAY DONATION
Description: Your username on Soshified

Thanks everyone, please support this project :)
Also we're urging ALL members that can't donate online through paypal because they don't have accounts or credit cards to please go out and donate physically to your local Red Crosses and to help make a difference!

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

agentjjlee agentjjlee
  • Donors
  • 1136 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

Sounds good soy! Praying for Haiti that they can get thru this disaster.

I'll donate 50$ USD for now.

wait...so when is sooyoungs birthday? too lazy to look it up at the moment -.- or more of...whens the deadline?

---------Edit------------
Want to know which countries Paypal services?

Visit https://www.paypal.c...onality-outside

This page shows the services paypal is able to provide per country as in:
US - Send using Visa, mastercard, american express, discover, local bank account
South Korea - Send using Visa, mastercard, american express

so basically...click the drop down and select your country to see if paypal accepts your local bank or credit card! :)

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

Sounds good soy! Praying for Haiti that they can get thru this disaster.

I'll donate 50$ USD for now.

wait...so when is sooyoungs birthday? too lazy to look it up at the moment -.- or more of...whens the deadline?

Bad SONE .. Feb 10th, we're actually a tad behind but I want to donate as soon as possible but at the latest the first week of Feb :)

Global Generation

agentjjlee agentjjlee
  • Donors
  • 1136 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

Bad SONE .. Feb 10th, we're actually a tad behind but I want to donate as soon as possible but at the latest the first week of Feb :)

hey! i have other stuff runnin thru my head besides birth dates lol.
This start is kinda behind. If you can get a more accurate amount of how much will be needed for the setup of this charity, I'll be willing to pitch in more.

Soo much is happening in February o.o...SSF bday, SNSD album release, Sooyoungs bday. fun times~

davincing davincing
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:27 AM

This start is kinda behind. If you can get a more accurate amount of how much will be needed for the setup of this charity, I'll be willing to pitch in more.

Soo much is happening in February o.o...SSF bday, SNSD album release, Sooyoungs bday. fun times~

Haha, i don't remember her birthday too!
Although she's my favorite girl...gosh ^^
february seems like a really great month! *biased*

SOONA

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

Better late than never ... it's a lot better than what Hwasu wanted to do (which was where the lag came from). I was hesitant to set a goal because I don't know what we're trying to reach and don't want to discourage anyone from donating, if you have a suggestion please give me it :) Thanks Lee.

Global Generation

bizzeca bizzeca
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:31 AM

This is such a good idea, helping the victims of Haiti earthquake will make Sooyoung proud and the other girls. Please do continue with this idea :D

SNSD Fighting
SSF Fighting
SONE Fighting
Sooyoungsters Fighting!

Posted Image

click >>here<< to join SONE Nation | my awesome sig by: Maj. Gen. Dragonchan

Visit our MtG card art thread >>here<< and have a good laugh! ;)

TAEYEON-C TAEYEON-C
  • Donors
  • 1727 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:44 AM

Just wondering if theres any other possible ways? Like, bank transfer to a particular admin, or something. Really wanna be a part of this but i don't own a paypal. :\

Great idea though, donating to help the unfortunate is better than anything else. At least thats what i think.
Posted Image
You are the one that
I envisioned in my dreams

KC KC
  • Donors
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

this is a really good thing you all are doing... good job all

i'll donate to Red Cross later today...

p.s. out of random curiosity, how much does it cost to fund a newspaper ad? thx! =)

Naut Naut
  • Donors
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:48 AM

Hey guys, what a great idea! Thnx for putting all this together soy, I'd be happy to help out in the lil way I can. One question tho for I am a noob with paypal. I just went into my account and it doesn't give me an option for a "personal" gift, it does however give me the option for me to pay the fee and make sure u recieve the whole amount I'm donating, is that good enough? Or am I missing something? D:

Sheon Sheon
  • Donors
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

good idea soy ^^

its been a long time since i donated something -_-

here is 20$ sorry im broke atm and saving up for seohyuns birthday -_-
♡서주현♡사링해♡

"Maknae, you always look in the mirror and say you're face isn't pretty. You say, 'My right eye is weird. My left eye is weird.' You always say that, but... do you want to get hit by a mirror? There's no one prettier than you!"

Ariel!~ Ariel!~
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:49 AM

I wish I could donate but I'm only 13. But I will donate in a way of getting more Sooyoung fans!
I hope she has a wonderful awesome birthday with more Fans and a great new album.
Anyway, Sooyoung FIGHTING!
And Girls' Generation FIGHTING!

◦So Nyuh Shi Dae Forever 9

Posted Image

Signature credits: Evon, Icons credits :♫ S♥NE ♪

firasalmira firasalmira
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

too bad..... i don't have a paypal :(
this is a really great idea^^ hope this really can help them~
i just send my pray for you, sooyoung, and victims in Haiti^^
everything for good cause, god will ease it^^

hope everything goes well~
hmm.... maybe i'll go to local Red Cross here^^

Himnae!!!^^

As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.
lPFDQoq.gif

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Just wondering if theres any other possible ways? Like, bank transfer to a particular admin, or something. Really wanna be a part of this but i don't own a paypal. :\

Great idea though, donating to help the unfortunate is better than anything else. At least thats what i think.

If you have a bank account you should be able to make a paypal account without a problem, you should check out registration information... I'd prefer it be through the paypal so it's more documented :) Thanks

Global Generation

aZnNeRd aZnNeRd
  • Donors
  • 1185 posts

Always loved these charity type gifts, and the Red Cross really is a great org to donate.

Name: aZnNeRd
Amount: $10
Happy Birthday SooYoung and donate people so we can help out Haiti!

XMENStorm.jpg

agentjjlee agentjjlee
  • Donors
  • 1136 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hey guys, what a great idea! Thnx for putting all this together soy, I'd be happy to help out in the lil way I can. One question tho for I am a noob with paypal. I just went into my account and it doesn't give me an option for a "personal" gift, it does however give me the option for me to pay the fee and make sure u recieve the whole amount I'm donating, is that good enough? Or am I missing something? D:

you're probably missing something.
When you enter the paypal homepage or the "my account" section, you will click the "send money" tab closer to the top of the page,
from there, you should be able to enter the email to send it to, the amount of money.
Following those, there is a box with "Purchase" or "Personal". Click personal and select gift.

There are pictures posted in other Finished Projects. try going thru those to find those pics if you need to.
Hope that helps...

SooYoona SooYoona
  • Donors
  • 2466 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

This is definitely for a great cause *spot saved* I'll definitely donate later once I get home.

Donated n_n My reply with my payment info is here later in the thread:
http://soshified.com...a...t&p=1711531

Username: SooYoona (Lauren)
Amount: $20.00

ixky5.png

.twitter | .tumblr | .yoonyultv4 | .yoonyul8 

Silver Muffin Silver Muffin
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

So...we must provide money for this event?
Don't get it! Don't understand.
I don't have any bank account, so how can I support???
Posted Image
Run Devil nuR

agentjjlee agentjjlee
  • Donors
  • 1136 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Silver Muffin,
Money is recommended because this will be donations to the victims of Haiti. For SSF members to donate, paypal is recommended. A credit card or bank account is required to have paypal.
<<<<----See Winston's comment below for a more detailed reasoning of why money is preferred---->>>>

Otherwise, ideas on how SSF can donate to the victims and somehow notify Sooyoung of this gracious event is appreciated.
The current idea is to use a newpaper ad... that will say something along the lines of

Happy Birthday Sooyoung of SNSD. Sosified has donated $ USD in your name to the Red Cross for the victims of the deadly earthquake in Haiti

Winston Winston
  • Donors
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

Amt: US$50 (sent)
Name: Winston

Great job, keep it up..

The reason why Money is preferred (in case some ppl get the wrong idea here why its often money..)

Is that often in a disaster relief..
A lot of Logistics in needed when items donated are like "Tents", "Medical Supplies" and "Food" and "Water"..
these items weigh a lot..and often a Huge amt of money is needed to airlift the supplies to the country and than there is the issue of land transport in a quake-ridden zone.

Money is more portable to move and often the supplies can be purchased within the country instead at a lower cost and also cheaper to transport..(no airlift needed)

That is why not just in Haiti quake.. but in disasters like the SiChuan Quake in 2008, and the Asian Tsunami that struck Indian Ocean..etc.. Aid relief organisations such as Red Cross has appealed for money donations and let the "experts" decide what to buy and how much of it to buy.. since they are more experienced in handling relief efforts.

(Edited on 19/01/2009)
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam