Photo

[ARTICLE] Golden Disk Awards WinnersFrom an Indonesian Magazine || Asian Crush, February 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic
spiceshoe spiceshoe
  • Writers
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:17 AM

This article is taken from an Indonesian magazine that talks about Asians (but somehow it only features Koreans LOL). I didn't pay much attention to this mag cause last year it only features BOF (and I got crazy for SNSD in, like, June or something.. When the BOF craze started), and (no offense to the BOF fans) I'm kind of bored of the BOF syndrome. But when I saw SNSD's name on the cover... I immediately bought the mag XD

I know the Golden Disk Awards were a bit late, but this was a Feb 10 issue, and the article was probably written in Dec 09 (you know how it goes... Feb issues are released in Jan, March issues are released in Feb, and so on), so it didn't mention anything about Oh!

Girls' Generation

Posted Image

The name Girls' Generation, or usually shortened to SNSD (So Nyeo Shi Dae) is very familiar in the community of Korean music lovers. Since the 'Gee' mini album that was released January 2009, the single that has the same title as the album was also popular and climbed up to number one of the digital charts for several weeks. Thanks to this song, SNSD defeated Wonder Girls' Nobody with Gee hitting in Music Bank for nine consecutive weeks. Not only that, SNSD also defeated Jewelry's One More Time. After that, SNSD released a new single on the 22nd of June, 2009 titled "Sowoneul Marhaebwa (Genie) (Tell Me Your Wish)". In this mini album, there's a duet of Jessica and Onew, a member of SHINee.
The popularity of SNSD didn't stop there. It went up along with the winning in the Golden Disk Awards 2009. Like Super Junior (T/N: The previous article was about Super Junior), this girl group holds the chart with number one in Asian Top 50 Year End Chart for 2009 in Channel V - Thailand, and other charts.
Last year, in December, SNSD became the guest star in KBS Music Festival. Here, they showed off their dancing and singing skills. Besides SNSD, there are a lot of other celebrities, such as Lee Seunggi, Super Junior, 2PM, 2NE1, SHINee, KARA< Brown Eyed Girls, Son Dambi, Kim Gun Woo, and K.Will.
In the show, there was an incident where Taeyeon touched Nicole (KARA)'s butt (T/N: ByunTaeng!! XD). It was bad luck, since a few cameras caught that act. But then there was a clarification that they were just playing around, and there was no abusing (T/N: ????). Ahh, such a unique way to play around.

Trivia
- SNSD released their concert book filled up with their photos on their First Asian Tour Concert
- In the beginning of this 2010, Girls' Generation won the award of Female Group Award in the 16th Republic of Korea Entertainment Arts Awards.

Articale by: Nurie @ Asian Crush Magazine.

SNSD's popularity is rising in Indonesia! =D I hope SNSD will drop by for their tour >_<
Ahh.. I hate to admit it, but Indonesian magazines keep making lots of mistakes in writing Korean articles.. *sigh* They should really do a lot more researching XP

For Indonesians out there, go get the magazine! And snatch the SNSD poster inside =)
I wish the magazine features more SNSD... I love it that they're talking about Super Junior, SHINee and f(x), but I want my fave girl group to be in more XD
I guess Indonesian magazines will be featuring SNSD more... Hmm.. I'll translate more ^^

Edit: For Indonesian S♥NEs, (Sorry if I'm violating the rules in any way. I'm not trying to promote, but since people are asking...)
You can find the magazine in Toko Buku Gramedia, which is spread all over Indonesia XD
Asian Crush is a magazine by the KOMPAS/GRAMEDIA team, so, yeah, it's worth it to read (since My Idol only talks about the boy bands, and not SoShi)
And, yes, it's a real pull out poster =) The poster is A2 in size, but it is divided into 4 (so each gets A4) with Super Junior, SG Wannabe, Girls' Generation and 2PM. I know it's small, but, hey, what other Indonesian magazine gives out SNSD posters? XP
And, no, it's not the Gee poster. It's an older photo, back in 2008? 2007? But it's still ♥ and it's in my room kekeke
It's Rp. 30 000,- by the way tongue.gif

Edited by spiceshoe, 30 January 2010 - 05:24 AM.

Ginyuki Ginyuki
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:33 AM

Hei-ho fellow Indonesian SONE!!
Asian Crush Magazine? Never heard of the magazine before.
Can you tell me where to buy it, cause I really want a SNSD poster XD
Oh, and thanks for the translation ^^

yow han yow han
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:34 AM

hahaha. LOL @ the last paragraph. but no offense. hahha :)

SNSD's popularity will increase more because of OH~ breaking GEE's record is another record. hahaha :)))

more SNSD issue. i hope they'll be issued in phil. too..

roXia roXia
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:39 AM

Thank you very much for sharing..
I am Indonesian and didn't even know there is magazine that write articles about SNSD.. Most of them are about BOF, yeah, and I don't really into it.. No offense, of course

You're absolutely right, SNSD's popularityis indeed rising fantastically now in Indonesia! Hope they will visit us sometime.. :P
And are you sure there is SNSD's poster inside that magazine? Are the poster is the picture in your translated article??

Wow, if that's true, I'm gonna search and buy this magazine! I don't have any goodies or poster of SNSD, so sad..

firasalmira firasalmira
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:45 AM

rofl~ indonesian magazine again? you always go to the newspaper stand lately? they sure really know who they should put^^ i thought this time is from Asian Plus^^ since they sometimes talked about snsd too^^

good thing the power of 9^^

yeah, you're right~ i'm sick of BOF, lol~ no offense though~ peace~~~

huh? poster? want it~ is it really a poster or the page that showed their pics? whatever^^ gonna search for it!!!

thanks again^^

Edited by firasalmira, 30 January 2010 - 03:47 AM.

As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.
lPFDQoq.gif

meneer_van_kodoq meneer_van_kodoq
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:52 AM

the last paragraph really nailed it... :lol:

another article of SNSD from Indonesian magazine...
it's a good thing that SNSD is finally starting to get more attention in Indonesia...
i just hope that some random event organizer could catch the signal... :P

~~ Sovereign Nine's Strongest Defender ~~
Posted ImagePosted Image
..:: sesama SoNE harus saling sooyoung-menyooyoungi ::..

Sooyoung'loves Sooyoung'loves
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1961 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:53 AM

Hahas, i am happy to hear that idonesia is more aware of soshi!
I really really wish that soshi will appear in sg mags and maybe come to sg just once!!!
Posted Image

FruitTree FruitTree
  • Donors
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:11 AM

snsd is a global iconic group. i'm from singapore, and really hope they can have a concert at southeast asia. Great comeback Great performance, snsd fighting!!
Posted Image

zomgpls zomgpls
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

hello indonesian sone^^

i really hope snsd could come to singapore for their concert this april :D

and lol at the last line about byuntae :D

they even have the guts to put it in a mag rofl XD

thx for translating and sharing :D

yinghao yinghao
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:26 AM

Lols, although late but still thanks for translating this article!
So nyuh Shi Dae hwaiting!
SNSD 4ever! Oh! fever is still on i guess and take a long long time to settle down, haha

TAEYEON-C TAEYEON-C
  • Donors
  • 1727 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:30 AM

Lol, they did clarify that ByunTaeng and friends were just playing around? LOL, kinda hilarious. Thanks for translating! Hope Singapore's mag will feature SNSD too. >_>
Posted Image
You are the one that
I envisioned in my dreams

dienfr dienfr
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:34 AM

wew... another SoShi articel in Indonesian Mags,,,, nice...
i really hope they can set a concert in Indonesia,,,
i guarantee that Indonesian SONE wont lose in fandom term eheheheh

SONE Indonesia Hwaiting!!!

Ti-eL Ti-eL
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:36 AM

Finally finally an Indonesian article about SNSD (not counting Asian Plus). I'm really happy about this because at least now SNSD is noticeable in Indonesia. hopefully they'll come to Jakarta for their concert.

ChanxSnsd ChanxSnsd
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:37 AM

woow malaysian sones have posters of snsd in their mag...

that is soooooo cool..hehe were the same like bof fans but then it was gone..but snsd was fist for me than bof..

heheh wow thats so cool for the mag in the ph its just a one page article huhuh..

i wish there was a poster in it..haha nice

SNSD HWaiting!!

Posted Image
Credits to +++ Chan's Artwork Factory +++ hehe^-^

n00bis n00bis
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:37 AM

OMg theres a poster in the mag..
how i wish singapore has that also T.T why do they not have SNSD n its jus shinee in sg mag shinee fans no offence =D
but the posters is gee poster right.. if it is then ppl in indo are really lucky cuz cant get the gee posters anymore T.T
Posted Image
Brighter than gems Fany Fany Tiffany <33
B/T>TI003 foil pm me

Credits: Grimm aka Epicman =D

jazdev1820 jazdev1820
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:38 AM

im indonesian, n i bought this mag yesterday.. well, i kinda disappointed, this mag discussed snsd for only 1 page, n that's a small article!! omg.. i just saw snsd's name same as you, n i immediately bought it.. really disappointed, coz they only discuss about BOF n other boygroups.. >.<
i hope there'll be more article about snsd..

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Tiffany's love is enough for me" - SNSD's Taeyeon

☺ Fan - "Is TaeNy still exist?" SNSD's Tiffany - "OF COURSE~ DANG RAN LE!"☺

banner credit:Evon

b33lz3m0n b33lz3m0n
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

oh wow another SNSD's article in Indonesian mag?! (i'm an Indonesian S<3NE too :D) okayyy off to the store to get the mag! (i want the POSTER!!!) Thanks a lot for info! :D

ps: i also hope that somehow one of the managers or someone from SME read this and decide to add Indonesia as one of their destination for Asia Tour! :D

Edited by b33lz3m0n, 30 January 2010 - 05:09 AM.

sharxsurf sharxsurf
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

hoho..!! ^^
looks like snsd's name is rising in my neighbour country..
as well as in my country..
they're getting their spot here..
hope they will drop by here also..
ke3~XD

GORGEOUS MAKNAES
SSFSignature2.jpg
ENVY
ThePowerToSurvive

taeyeonxpudDing taeyeonxpudDing
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:04 AM

Ya ya make them go indonesia. i would fly over with my frens i guess. haha =DD thanks for the article. lol byuntaeng is also featured in it huh. KOOL! +D and its alwaes exciting to see the gers get published on ur country's papers/magazines. u will happier eh? i get estatic when i see gers gen in singapore.. i haf goosebumps when dat happens =DD
Posted Image

xFast xFast
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:38 AM

nice!! haha 9 girls on the route too dominate asia and beyond!! LOLS XD
perfect!!! going to expand far far far away soon XD lols hope they dun get too stressed and kinda leave like sunmi!! T_T

Soshi jjang!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing