• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic
boxclub boxclub
  • Donors
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Two Types of Idol Group Leaders

Posted Image

Following the idol groups of the 1990s, with SES, FinKL, HOT, Sechkies and Click-B, the idol groups of today include Big Bang, Wonder Girls, SNSD, Super Junior, DBSK, ShiNee and 2PM, all contributing to the ''Autumn of the Idol Stars" that is lighting up the music industry.

While the 90s had at most 6 members in an idol group, today's idol groups have as much as 13 members, resulting in an even greater necessity for the idol groups of 2008 to have teamwork and cooperation within the group. Therefore, being the leader of the group involves great responsibility and obligations. What does it mean to be a leader of today's idol group? You can divide the types of leaders into two categories according to the individual group's uniqueness and talents.

# The Type of Leader that Stays Strong Despite Sadness!

The leader that does not easily shed tears due to their sense of responsibility include Big Bang's Kwon Jiyong, SNSD's Taeyeon and DBSK's Yunho.

Kwon Jiyong, who writes, composes and produces the songs on their album, has girl fans fawning over his bright smile and calm manner, while displaying his strong level-headed focus as a leader at all times.

Taeyeon, who is the leader of the nine member girl group SNSD, is famous for never crying. When SNSD made number one, while all of the other group members were deep in tears, she bravely held her tears back before she went to a place where no one could see her and cried. However, on an episode of MNet's School of Rock, she cried her eyes out when the hoobaes at her school did a special surprise performance for her, greatly surprising her fans with her many tears. With the cute image of SNSD, she supports the weight of SNSD with her neutral tone and hearty laugh.

Currently showing his four dimensional personality on MBC's We Got Married, SS501's charismatic Kim Hyunjoong was also chosen as the leader. Although he picks with the members on the outside, on the inside, he responsibly always takes care of the members, a side that he is showing to Hwangbo as the younger husband on the show.

# The Type of Leader that is Always Reliable!

Another type of leader is the type who always is aware of the team's mood.

As an example, there is Super Junior’s Leeteuk. With his charismatic eye-smile and dimples, he does not think twice about damaging his image in shows. Instead he always works hard in order to show a funnier side, laughing loudly with his members in order to support them.

In the same company is SHINee, whose leader is Onew. Currently on the show SHINee's Younger Man, he has gotten the nickname of "Gentle Onew", due to his ever gentle demeanor. A writer on the show said that "It isn't just because Onew's personality is good. He has the ability to lead the other members well."

Wonder Girls leader Sunye is a prime example of a soft leader. With her long training period, Sunye, whose smile never leaves her face, also puts that much time into caring for her other members. Although it was once said that she was picked as a leader because of her older age, with her strong vocal talents, she plays a large part in balancing her group out as a strong leader.

credits to Osen and boxclub@ www.soshified.com/forums

--영원한 것은 없다--

Soy Soy
  • Founder
  • 11961 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

opps i accidentally hit delete lala

ill be back !

twitter: http://twitter.com/soyuri
Global Generation

Save yourself time and check the FAQs before PM-ing me.

Wenting Wenting
  • Donors
  • 3652 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

^ friggin soy

I like how Taeng got a real long paragraph.

Yes, our umma doesnt cry much on screen, but gosh when she does, it breaks my heart ><;;; She is the strong umma who is there for the other 8 kids, and brings them through tough times. Its a great article and i swear everyone has to read this.

Thanks eemo for doing all these even though u are suppose to be too cool for it.

Posted Image
200410 04:56AM.100310 17:57PM.290909 00:45AM

dogluverz1 dogluverz1
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

Eemo ftw~

thnx for the translations!
taeyeon seems like she can cry but she holds it in for the other members and for us fans. we dont like to see our idols cry and she doesnt since she doesnt want us to feel sad.

the other leaders are incredible too...^^

Posted Image

twitter | tumblr | instagram

yoonyulsnsd ; naichu@livejournal

Kero_kEiro Kero_kEiro
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1936 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

uhuhuhuhu...
Taeng got the longest description xD
i think out Ggo Ggo Ma leader is both strong and reliable...~!

Taengoo cried alone where no one can see her our leader has gone through alot compared to other leaders stated i think..
and i know you all know what i meant =3
she's incomparable for us
thanks for the translations

follow Jessi's heart
Posted Image
The way 9 of you girls tattooed nothing but smiles and laughter into our hearts, we wish to give you back the same amount if not more. Stay strong, stay healthy, stay happy, stay together always. That’s all your S♡NEs would ever want.

TK TK
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

hahah teang is soo awesome! like always!! kekek its so true how taeng barely cries on camera especially (^-^) lol soo uch to read that i just skipped to taeyeons part and read only that aahhaha

"Let's do a kiss of love." - Yuri

Posted Image

----------------------____________매일매일 써니데이...______________----------------------
we're nothing without 9

daLIda daLIda
  • Donors
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:46 AM

this article awesome!! i'm glad to read this bcoz line for taeng it's long from others...weee~ yeah..i'm so surprise to see mnet school of rock...for the 1st time..taeng really cries in front of her fans :).. taeng its the best leader forever!~

thanks for the translation~

luv ya~

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Avatar credit : delline Banner credit : delline&LavaBlade Blinker : Danhobak@soshified malaysia

ivonchu ivonchu
  • Donors
  • 2604 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:52 AM

Man I'm proud of taeyeon and I won't lie that I can't imagine any of the other girls taking her place. Besides the fact that she barely cries, it's evident that she's grown into a awesome leader from the first episode of GGTS till now and how even the 8 girls see her as their umma ! :D lol this article is WIN.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
on hiatus

Ganookie Ganookie
  • Donors
  • 1608 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:12 AM

Gosh, our umma is really strong, trying to hold the tears so that we fans won't be sad. Taeng hwaiting!
And it's cool taeng's part is the longest,yo~
Avie Cr;Spazmatik

A must visit for every Hyohunnie and Sone out there!

[url="""]http://soshified.com/forums/index.php/topic/49020-hyoism-hyoyeons-facial-expressions/[/url]'> style='font-size: 10px;'>Hyoyeon's Facial Expressions<>

jessie. jessie.
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:22 AM

umma!! You are a great leader!~~ Thanks for the translation!!^^ Teangu~stay strong ok??? And taeng's part is the longest^^ kekeke~~ Hwaiting!! thanks again for the translation!!~

luvinsoshi luvinsoshi
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1524 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:51 AM

i totally agree with their description of taengoo..XD
during that school of rock event, she was kinda struggling not to let her tears fall down.
and when they win an award or something, she always looks at the back to hide her tears..
seeing taeyeon cry is a rare moment that's why it really hurt me when i watched Lee Bul's mv..T_T
thanks for translating the whole article~

Posted Image
avatar credit: Mellerz banner credit: mstar.

"Since we saw each other for about 5 years,
I can tell what they are thinking just by looking into their eyes." - Yoong

Heltzing Heltzing
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:29 AM

Teangu you are most stong leader!!!

you must to fight many time

when you fell down please cry girl

cry with someone you love an loe you

when you finish please smile girl!!

cause that agree with you ^ ^

krustykrabcustomer krustykrabcustomer
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:41 AM

woot! thanks for the translation! imo it doesn't matter what kind of leader they are, as long as they love their work, love their members, and most of all, love their fans. this article only shows how great leaders they are, that's why we fans love 'em all! (that's so emo~) hahaha. enough about it... taeng, the dorky shorty leader = :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Posted Image

hiD hiD
  • Donors
  • 3807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:52 AM

This article made me awwww for a while, garh so proud of our short umma, they haven't debuted that long, and people already recognized umma's leadership. Short but strong yo!!! She has skills at hiding tears and her vulnerable side, sigh how much i love her more after reading this

cr, chapstik

What doesn't kill you, might leave you crippled.

Posted Image

Seannn Seannn
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:28 AM

*applaudes*

indeed, I personally think the responsibilities of a leader are often overlooked and/or underestimated.

they've gotta lead their groups through the highs and lows, a very difficult task most of the times.

kudos to all leaders out there (especially our Taeng umma =D)

이세상 속에서 반복되는 슬픔 이젠 안녕

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Taeyeon and Jessica banner credits to dragonchan and Yoona one to ajae2600

lyly_flower2000 lyly_flower2000
  • Media
  • 2784 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

no doubt for Taetae's leadership skills. She barely shed her tear in front of the screen and the girls but just hid somewhere and cried her heart out. Despite her young and cute look, she gives people a mature image everytime when she represents the whole group.

Posted Image
credit to Wenting

angelicdevil angelicdevil
  • Donors
  • 1257 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

this article is very inspiring ^^
taeyeon's personality as the strong leader in the group was well written out in this article
i love the fact dats she's so dorky n adorable most of the time but also strong n can carry out her responsibilites as a leader and rarely shows her weak side to others
i would love to be as strong as her =)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm a biased and proud of it soulmate of LiNafied I dont care

Tumblr1 || Tumblr2

Taessica Taessica
  • Donors
  • 1053 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:23 AM

Ah, Taengoo leader is definitely of the strong kind, with a group like SNSD that has gone through a lot of stuff you can expect an awesome leader for the girls to rely and trust, and who else than our powerful umma! I think all of us have seen how Taeng has matured into the great leader she is today and I'm confident she will keep on doing an awesome job.

Thanks a lot for the translations~~

soshi_tae soshi_tae
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 2074 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

ah.. that's our umma! never shows her tears..
she needs to be strong for her 8 daughters~ lalala
but for her age, to be that strong.. that's so cool~
i kinda surprised too when i saw school of rock~

taeng got the most paragraph... *hoho*

the other leaders are great too~ they got chose as leader..there must be a good reason behind that^^

thx for the translation anyway...

*suddenly i want to watch school of rock again* -_-

Posted Image

as a Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo, to remain secretive with my butt fetishes,
to laugh whenever and however I want, to spread my 'amajjing!' engrish to everyone,
do everything I can to help Taeyeon in her quest to conquer the world, and to wear a mustache to make my TaeYeon proud!

TWITTER | LJ

x1tzc1ndy x1tzc1ndy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:36 PM

its hard to find a leader like tae herself. they dont just call her the umma for no reason, she def earned that title through her dedication and care for the group as leader. i let out a loud "aww" as i got to the part where they said she went to a private place to cry, even though i already knew that..just reading it again makes you proud of her. snsd wouldnt be snsd without LeaTae (:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing