[ARTICLE] Cosmopolitan Magazine (Sept. 2010 Issue)Fun Fearless Female

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
whyFanywhy whyFanywhy
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

I compiled the full interview of Cosmo Mag translated by silis7noy2@Soompi and taengbear@Soshified. Enjoy reading~

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
cr. imyoona@Soompi

Q: I heard recently you guys took a break for about 20 days for the first time since your debut. How did you guys spend your first long break?

Yoona: I went to Paris and Rome for a family vacation. But I was so surprised because everywhere I went, there were a lot of fans. There are pictures of me that were captured and posted online, and there were so many fans that I even remember who took those pictures at each place.

Yuri: It was exam time for me, so I went to school and took my exams. I wanted to study a bit during this vacation time. I wanted to invest in myself during the time that was given to me so I practiced, exercised, read books, and studied. It was really great because I really wanted to do these things. I guess I can say I wanted to fill myself up when I had the time.

Sooyoung: That's what she's like. She was going to play but ended up studying. Hahaha.

Sunny: I went to Las Vegas, but I was so busy watching performances. Even just thinking about it now, "Ka" and "O" (Cirque du Soleil) were so amazing that I still miss it.

Hyoyeon: I find going out to places very annoying so I just spent time with my family. I didn't do anything and didn't go out anywhere. I just ate, slept, watched TV, and just rested!

Taeyeon: I went home, but the funny thing was that just because I was away from the members for a few days, I missed them so much.

Tiffany: That's right. I've been with Taeyeon for 6 years, and this was the first time we've been apart for so long. After 10 days, we made a big fuss because we missed each other and sent each other text messages and pictures.

Sooyoung: Yeah. I thought we wouldn't miss each other during this break, but after only a few days, each of us made a fuss because we all missed each other. Hahaha. I went to the States and while I was there, I missed the kids so much. It was weird because even when i was eating good food, I thought of the members. I guses we've really become a family.

Source: Cosmopolitan (Sept. 2010 Issue)
Translated by: [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Our Cosmopolitan slogan is FFF-Fun Fearless Female. So then who is the most Cosmo-like girl among SNSD?

Tiffany: One person comes to mind. Hyoyeon!
She is always full of confidence enjoying everything, and lives everyday fearlessly.

Yuri, Yoona, Sunny : That's right! Hyoyeonee, Hyoyeonee!

Seohyun: Ah, can I say me? Hahaha
Of course Hyoyeon unnie is full of confidence, and I am too!

Jessica: But maybe you are not exactly Cosmo-like? Because you have confidence in everything but you have some fear sometimes. Hahaha
Tiffany is also bighearted and cheerful but yeah it's really Hyoyeon!

Taeyeon: Seohyun is like that too, well Hyoyeon fits little more~

Sooyoung: Ah really I think it is Hyoyeon. So everyone is agreeing on this?
Good for you Hyoyeon!

Q: Oh, so you all do agree on Hyoyeon. Then Hyoyeon what do you think about it yourself?

Hyoyeon: Hahaha. Why me everyone? Hahaha. I don't know why. I would pick Sunny.
Sunny is really bright and bold. And also very fun.
We're of same age but sometimes I see her and think how can she be so generous.

Yoona: Hyoyeon unnie, she's really FFF. She is the one in our team who can brighten up the mood.
Look at her now. Look at that expression! Kekeke..

Hyoyeon: Well I can start things. When it comes to having fun I won't lose! Haha

Q: Looking at the nine of you together it seems more like a family than teammates. Really! One of the strong points of SNSD is the tight teamwork, so how can the nine of you get along like that as one?

Sunny: To think about it there really is no member who sticks out in an odd way.
If any member seems sensitive then we all understand it's just fatigue.
Even when we fight we don't really get our feelings hurt.

Yoona: Members can have a slump at different times.
The good things the bad things the difficult things we all talk about it together.

Hyoyeon: That's right. Yoona even blurted "I'm upset!" like a thousand times in a day one time.
And we understand. Everyone has big hearts. Hahaha

Yuri: When we talk we have what's called the five minute talk to sum up the day,
and through those hours we talk about any disappointments and hardships to each other and things are resolved naturally.
Fighting, noting flaws, saying I love you it's all part of it.
That's how family works.

Taeyeon: Right, our relationship is just natural now.
Conflicts and harsh arguments with each other, we are long past that stage.
We have been through together for a really long time now.

Q: 'Oh!', 'Tell Me Your Wish', 'Gee', 'Run Devil Run' and so on the hit songs in succession, and the responses were always beyond expectations. 2010 can be said to be the year to cement your position as the top kpop act, what does this year mean to SNSD?

Sooyoung - We really received a lot of love in 2009.
In 2010 to return the love we received we broadened our sphere of activity, and took a little rest to recharge and in general we spent some very busy times.

Taeyeon - Come to think of it this year we have been overseas the most times since SNSD has debuted. We're doing the solo concert Asian Tour, and we're really happy that responses have all been great.
Since we're officially debuting in Japan now we would become even busier.
Though 2010 was busy and we received lots of love, we think it was the time to prepare ourselves to fly higher and like starting afresh we are determined.

Q: You are looking forward to the official Japan debut, but it's also burdening right?

Sunny - That's true. But fortunately there are nine of us members.
Whatever we are lacking in we can rely on each other so we believe we can do well.
Language and differences in culture we have little bit of worries, but for Japanese Sooyoung is so fluent we don't have worries there.

Yuri - Yes, this is the stength of our team that we can have this kind of mindset. Because the nine of us do it together when we take on new endeavors we look forward to it rather than being afraid.
In Japan instead of thinking that we must achieve success our attitude is to enjoy our activity in a new interesting place so we are looking forward to it.

Sooyoung - They say this is one reason why people like SNSD. That we're not bloodthirsty for achievements,
but the nine of us who love singing and dancing get on the stage and have fun.
The goal is not to go to Japan and achieve fame and fortune.
It could be like going on a trip to Japan with these friends here and I think we would be enjoying it.

Jessica - Yes but to be honest it's not only the feel of going on a trip. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. Recently we are recording the songs in Japanese and I remember lots of memories from our debut days.
It's like we rediscovered our choshim after realizing we can still take on a new challenge together.
I am remembering the old times when we debuted and I think to myself that we really should strive to do our very best in Japan.
I mean it is SNSD's advancement in Japan but it is also to promote kpop in Japan.

Seohyun - I'm really looking forward to it too. It's something I've always been dreaming about.
Not just in Korea but I want to promote SNSD all over the world.
This official Japan debut will be the starting point.
It is also a new challenge in my life.
I am going to do my best and I will enjoy it, and I believe in the end there will be good results.

Yoona - But one thing I'm worried about is Japanese! Ooha, Japanese is too hard!

Hyoyeon - Oh come on, what are you worried about? You can go there and learn Japanese anyone can do it!
For me I will do my best with the activities in Japan, but I am also excited thinking about enjoying trips and having fun during free time. Haha.

Q: As you begin your Japan activities you'll be leaving Korea for a little while, lastly please say a word to your fans

Taeyeon - Um, I get stuck everytime I try to talk to our fans. Because I'm so thankful that I'm at a loss for words! But still this is what I am always thinking.
"We will always strive to do even better so that you won't ever be ashamed of being SNSD fans."

Yuri - Through good things or bad things it's all because of fans that SNSD is existing here today. I am really thankful to our fans who have given us the opportunity to show you the best of us in this great environment.

Jessica - The Japan advancement will be a new challenge for us SNSD. With this given opportunity we have much expectations, please give us lots of support. We will never forget our choshim and we will do our best!

Yoona - We have never done overseas activities before, so there is some anxiety. Maybe it's like what some guys feel when they leave their girlfriends for army duty? A slight anxiety about fans leaving, but, we are not going away for good so hope you don't jump ship while we're gone!

Sooyoung - SNSD fans think of us as their great pride. That really cheers us up. Like Yoona said I don't want to lose our precious fans to other girl groups! Therefore everyone, don't go anywhere, ok? I am watching it all! Hahaha.

Hyoyeon - We have the internet now. You can see us anytime, and although we may be far away it would feel like we are close by. Don't be distant because we are active in Japan. Even from distance tell us if we do anything wrong, and give us cheers when we do good.

Seohyun - All you fans who are like our energy pills! We SNSD will now begin the Japan activity. We'll be leaving Korea for a while, but we are going away to promote Korea and I know you will wait for us. We will work even harder and show you SNSD who will grow with each step!

Sunny - Truly with power of love from you, we will do great.

Tiffany - Dear fans, you know Tiffany really loves you all right? If you don't know I will be disappointed so you have to know it. And thank you everyone congratulating my birthday today!

Source: Cosmopolitan (Sept. 2010 Issue)
Translated by: silis7noy2@Soompi

Edited by BabyPrincess, 14 January 2011 - 06:04 PM.

iB4YQIX5uBhkk.png

Icon: miwa-harmony Sig: Obelisk

neonecko neonecko
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

This is awesome. Thanks for the translation! Saved me like $60-70 on the actual magazine. Thank you so much!

pubsquash pubsquash
  • Donors
  • 4413 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Moving this to Translated Goodies~

tammylee tammylee
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

SONES will not go anywhere! we will now and forever always be by your sides :) and is it only me but in this picture none of them have bangs! i kinda like it hehe

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

HAHAHAHA....i want to get the ACTUAL copy of the magazine to read...will be nice to see them featured in it :)
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

joshua pranoto joshua pranoto
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

ah....it's really really sweet message from SNSD to us....i will always support u,noona.....no matter will be happen tomorrow i will always pray 4 all of u in there.....4 make u know noona...sone's will be always support u and never gone we will always protect u.... :thumbsup:
anyway...thanks have make this article and post it...it's nice

ronkgenk ronkgenk
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

thanks for the translation :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i won't be move to other girl group. it's always 9 of you in my heart :blush:

SNSD Fighting!!!

bowow bowow
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

ahh i'm so lucky someone translated this to english..

i can't even read hangeul.. thanx for the translation

mintie88 mintie88
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

thats right! SNSD strongest point is their teamwork! Forever and always they will be one big happy family!

And dont worry, us SONES will not jump ship! Promise! ^_______^

And we are always proud to be a SONE! Work hard and have fun too!

Forever9!!!!!!!!
SNSD FIGHTING!

harupi harupi
  • Donors
  • 1990 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

rawr!! thank you so much for translating this all :D
what a fun interview :D i am so glad i got to read it!!
thank you thank youu XD

sciencedork123 sciencedork123
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2639 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Thank you so much for the translation of this article!
Love reading about the girls! I know the girls will stay forever together!
The bond is unbreakable! Also SONE and SNSD bond is way too strong to ever die!
SNSD HWAITING!
Posted Image Posted Image

credits: Vtension @ Soshified for icon and banners

As a fanytastics member, I promise to love and cherish all that is pink, To remain secretive with all my dancing mistakes, To outshine others with my aegyo and smiling eyes, And to do everything I can to spread the word about our Brighter than Gems Fany Fany Tiffany! <3

starrsticks starrsticks
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

No worries ladies! I'm not switching to any other GGs while your gone. I mean technically I'm not in Korea anyway but you know what I mean ;) And yes Tiff! We know u love us. I swear if SNSD ever held a huge bbq in like.. hmm.. I dunno.. Sooyoung's place? (haha) All of us would be taken care of quite nicely.

Hoping u girls come to visit Toronto one time?! That'd be so awesome!

xoxo Jowy

taeha2801 taeha2801
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the translation!!

Even if i buy this magazine i wouldnt now how to read it~hehehe

Sunny, dont worry, we sunshiners will always support you and Fany~ah, i will always love you!!!

sO NyUH sHI dAE manhi manhi saranghae!!

Don't you worry 'cause everything's gonna be alright

LNoCu8J.png?2

YaMMi YaMMi
  • Donors
  • 1524 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

yay! congrats hyo! and I have to agre that you're the
most cosmo girl. You seem like the one to confess first,
propose 1st, and kiss 1st; really confident and fashionable
is what describes you

txtT0.png

HyoYeonORhxD.gif

iloveharagoo iloveharagoo
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

Congrats to SNSD! Hwaiting. Snsd girls are so beautiful and Hawt!! Wishing the best success in you guys. Gambatte ne!

Flirtboi Flirtboi
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the translations. It was a great interview. Now that they are doing well in Japan. I'm sure their hard work all paid off.
SNSD hwaiting. =)

InfiniteLoss InfiniteLoss
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1858 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the korean version
of cosmo. Might be weird for a guy to say that but i'm
not ashamed. Once people see who's on the cover they'll
understand haha. Thanks for translating the entire
interview! <3

ty9soshi ty9soshi
  • Donors
  • 2061 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

thanks so much for taking your time translating this article and also thanks for compiling this interview.
i enjoy reading this article.

ZeeKayYee ZeeKayYee
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Wow... the girls are featured on the front page of Cosmopolitan... and the cover is really fantastic! Thanks for sharing and translating! ^^
Posted Image

Credit: cream

beherebynow beherebynow
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6548 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

Ooohh, thx for the compilation of the translations :D
Don't worry girls, I won't cheat on you guys even though they are many good girl groups now :)
And you will always get our support.
Good luck in Japan!

idjb5UB2y.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot