71 replies to this topic
Kkabbekky Kkabbekky
  • Donors
  • 3560 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:13 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Backstage at the photoshoot of the charismatic girl group

They debuted in August 2007 in Korea.
In 2009, SNSD set a new record of being number 1 for 9 consecutive weeks on the Korean music program, KBS Music Bank, and dominated as the top girl group. They also topped various music charts in Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines. They held an Asian tour in China and Taiwan and are active as the number one girl group all over Asia. With the release of the DVD 'New beginning of Girls' Generation' in August 2010, they finally landed in Japan. The buyers of this DVD were invited to Ariaki Coliseum, where they held their first showcase. The showcase became a hot topic because they garnered 22.000 fans. In September, they released their Japanese debut single, 'Genie', and it reached number 4 on the Oricon chart ranking. This is the highest ranking ever for a debut single of a foreign female artist. Their second debut single 'Gee', released in October, reached number 1 on the daily ranking, and they obtained number 1 spots on many online music distribution charts. ‘Gee’ became an instant hit. SNSD are well on their way to take over the Japanese music scene.

At the start of the interview the girls got ready and greeted us with ''We are SNSD. Please take care of us!'' in fluent Japanese. They're definitely energetic. It's a pity that this time Tiffany couldn't join them because of her injury, however the 8 cute girls with the average age of 21 years old are able to overwhelm you only with their brightness and liveliness.
In Japan, the Kpop boom shows an unprecedented peak. Waiting for that opportunity to rise, SNSD, the top girl group in Korea, released the single 'Genie' and accomplished their Japanese debut in September 2010.

''The members are close friends''

The 9 members dance in perfect order and have an outstanding singing ability. They wear outfits that accentuate their great style. The girls' overwhelming presence sets them apart from the rest of the K-pop idols. One of the main reasons of their popularity is the power of the members unity. The moodmaker Hyoyeon says, ' We often quarrel, but when the others encourage for ‘more!’ they get embarrassed, and make up (laughs).'' On their days off, they go out to shop or watch a movie. Sooyoung comments on this relation as, ''more than members, we are close friends''. That closeness gets reflected without a doubt in their beautiful synchronized dance.

Impressed by the pink make-up room!

SNSD's trait is that each member holds an individual charming personality. For instance, like this time when they set foot in the pink make-up room, which we made in the studio especially for this photoshoot. Pink is also SNSD's theme color and they got excited at once and they exclaimed,''Cute!'', on the pink interior. Yoona, who does things on her own pace, continued to take selcas of herself in front of the mirror. Mischievous Taeyeon made funny poses with a rhinestone cane. Jessica, whose modeling intuition is good, made cute poses one after another as if knowing when the camera shutter is going to go off. Serious Seohyun continued holding onto the hat even without the cameraman telling her to hold it. Even with just one of those reactions, each personality can be seen. That SNSD’s charm is like the example Tiffany gave, ''Even if you eat each separately, they are a delicious fruit or candy, but if you make it into a 'SNSD' dessert, it becomes even more delicious,” and it's exactly right. In 2011, their activities in Japan will finally be in full swing. With what look will SNSD fascinate the Japanese fans next and will they lead the next generation?

A close-up of the cute fresh faces of the beautiful SNSD members

Glamorous meets fabulous beauty

Sooyoung

The owner of a perfect style and smile

Born in ‘90. With her height of 170cm, her attractive features are her long slender legs. She's the most fluent in Japanese amongst the members and answered the entire interview in Japanese. For studying purposes she often watches Japanese TV programs and movies. Her favorite drama's are 'Hotaru no Hikari' and 'Buzzer Beat'. At the end of the photoshoot the staff gave everyone fluffy pajamas; she was delighted and said 'I wanted pajamas like this one!' ''This year I want to meet the Japanese fans. And privately, I want to go to Santorini in Greece.''

Sunny

A reader who is totally caught up with “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami

Born in '89. Sunny, whose sole hobby is reading, even reads Murakami Haruki's 1Q84 while waiting. ''Murakami Haruki is also popular in Korea and he's always been an author I've wanted to read stories from. In this book many people's lives get intertwined in a complex way, so it's really interesting. Because I get lonely after I finish reading, I plan on reading it as slow as possible (laughs).'' If you were only able to bring one book to a deserted island, which one would it be? ''Because I can't decide between Slam dunk or One Piece, and since the One Piece series is still on-going, I pick Slam Dunk*.'' That Sunny's motto is 'Let's enjoy life!'

* This series is already finished.

Yuri

The healthy beauty who loves to workout

Born in '89. Yuri, who trains her body daily, swam 1.5 hours in the pool on the morning of the photoshoot. It's unimaginable that that slender body has an active, powerful energetic owner. ''To me, an ideal body is a body that looks healthy like Jessica Alba's.'' From her experience of visiting Japan her favorite area seems to be Daikanyama*. ''I like the atmosphere of the streets. There are a lot of cute interior shops. Moreover there are a lot of original hats and I did a lot of shopping in select hat shops.'' She made song lyrics for their album sold in Korea last year. ''Next up I want to challenge myself in music composition.''

*Daikanyama is a district in Shibuya, Tokyo and is known for having various shops.

Yoona

A beautiful girl who plays the role of heroine in a Korean drama.

Born in '90. Yoona is a typical girl, whose charms are her delicate style and her lovely smile. The secret to her beautiful skin is: ''The most important thing is washing your face. Rinse it several times and finally stiffen it with cold water.'' On her days off she often just relaxes at home and when asked about what she does when she's having the most fun, she replied, "Bumming around at home when I have a day off." Even with that answer you can still sense her gentle personality. The place she wants to visit in Japan is Hokkaido. ''I heard the snow festival is pretty and it would be nice if I can go there.'' What's her ambition for 2011? '' To master Japanese. Afterwards to challenge myself in different fields and to improve myself. I want to become a Yoona that shows a lot of different sides.''

Jessica

Her charm is her exquisite hot-cold personality (tsundere)!? A cool, fashionable don

Born in '89 and raised in San Francisco. At the set of the photoshoot, fashionable Jessica appeared in a trendy camel coat and a Mulberry bag. At first glance she gives off a cool and a bit difficult to approach vibe, but actually when talking to her she has a cute voice and her smile is very feminine and that gap is her irresistible charm. ''My style is to mix the basics and trends. I like fashion magazines and started reading Glamorous. The Chanel page for the November issue was cute! Now I want to try to do the photoshoot of the fashion page in Glamorous. My most recent purchase is a blue Balenciaga tote bag.''

Hyoyeon

She stands out with her positive statements and is everyone's moodmaker.

Born in '89. During the group interview there were a lot of times when Hyoyeon spoke representing the group's opinion. She learned Chinese in China during her one year language study program from her company. '' When studying the language, instead of reading a textbook, I made a lot of friends and talked a lot. And also I memorized 5 words every day without exception. '' Her hobby is shopping. ''I found a shop in Japan by chance where I bought a denim long jacket. I don't know the Japanese shops that well yet, but when I make Japanese friends it would be fun to shop together.''

Seohyun

A classical beauty who is a serious, passionate student

Born in '91. Seohyun, who gives of a neat and clean daughter vibe, always has a keen interest in health. ''In Japan I eat a lot of natto*, which is good for your body. After I wake up, my daily routine is to drink apple and vegetable juice. When I'm tired I take grape sugar supplements. After all health is very important.'' True to her reputation of being an enthusiastic student, she read Japanese texts during photoshoot breaks and talks in Japanese with the staff. The image of her studying Japanese with all her heart is impressive. The youngest of the group admires Hilary Clinton, America's Secretary of State. ''She's a woman that improved the social status of women. I think that is cool.''

*Natto is a Japanese dish made out of fermented soybeans. It’s very sticky and has a distinctive smell

Taeyeon

The oldest member whose charms are her remarkable singing ability and her brightness

Born in '89. Taeyeon, who entered the entertainment world admiring her senior, BoA, who is also in SM Entertainment, has a singing voice that is also recognized among members of SNSD. She likes Japanese manga and dramas and at the moment she likes the drama 'Chibimarukochan' and 'Nodame Cantabile'. She taught us that the way of taking care of beautiful legs is ''to moisturize them frequently with body lotion so they won't get dry.” ''The point of skin care is a face-washing technique to block out the pores with cold water, and before sleeping to use a sheet mask to prevent your skin from getting dry. '' In order to reach the goal of ''having a tour in Japan and wanting to mingle with the fans,” she is studying Japanese extra hard.

Translated by: [email protected] and [email protected]
Source: snsdchina.net

*Team Y's twitter* My twitter*

Posted ImagePosted Image

credit yulsic sigs: taeyeon17

soozarr soozarr
  • Donors
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:29 AM

Sooyoung - The owner of a perfect style and smile... I like this description alot hehe ^_^ seemed like this is a fun interview and quite insightful as well. Thank you very much for this great translation, thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks!

Follow me @soozarr | Sooyoung S♥ranghe! SNSD Fighting! My Favorite Number Had Always Been 9. It's Fate.

d0msan d0msan
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

seohyun admires Hilary Clinton?
hahaha that's such a seohyun-like answer
like when she was talking about ban ki-moon to yonghwa for the first time lols
thx for the translation !
^9

bcdguz bcdguz
  • Donors
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

Thats pretty cool!
lol i love jessica's "hot cold personality" thats so funny lol
i didn't know most of them were born in 89 too
thats pretty cool that means sooyoung is one year younger than them
although seohyun is still the youngest
SNSD is a really close group!!

I <3 TaeYeon
Posted Image Posted Image
[center]As a Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo, to remain secretive with my butt fetishes, to laugh whenever and however I want, to do everything I can to help Taeyeon in her quest to conquer the world, to spread my 'amajjing' engrish to everyone, and to wear a mustache to make my Taeyeon proud!

colin<3SNSD colin<3SNSD
  • Donors
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:34 AM

took about 5 mins to read this interview...
it's all talk about their features, special talents and stuffs...
i really like it..~~~
thanks Kkabbekky and arghninja for translated and sharing this..!!!

Posted Image
icon&banner cr:lynnryan@soshified

Follow me on twitter --> Posted Image

LavaBlade LavaBlade
  • Donors
  • 1640 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

Great interview here! Really shows the different unique charms of each of the girls!
and Seohyun admires hilary clinton? didn't know that.. haha
A pity that Fany wasn't with the girls during that time.

Thanks for the translations!! :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

5 years of Girls' Generation

SNSD | 소녀시대 | Girls' Generation | 少女時代

Jigeumeun Appurodo Yeongwonhi!

Antino Antino
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

Jessica

Her charm is her exquisite hot-cold personality (tsundere)!? A cool, fashionable don

hot-cold personality? xDDD
Pretty interesting interview :D
Is fany missing here because she was injured back then? -.-

thanks for translating :D

Posted Image

SOSHIBOND is REAL <3

Taeng09 Taeng09
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

love snsd more and more.. XD
and i'm starting to moisturize my leg frequently and wash my face with cold water from now on.. just like taengoo unnie said.. =D

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:47 AM

Thanks for the translation! The ladies look really awesome on this magazine.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

supermel supermel
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:47 AM

''more than members, we are close friends'' C:
LOL at the quarrelling thing haha
:o existence of swimmer Yuri LOLOL
lovely interview, thanks for the translations!

Posted Image

지금은 소녀시대 .앞으로도 소녀시대. 영원히 소녀시대.
"The energy they radiate when all the members are together is just beyond anything imaginable."

GO!Lux GO!Lux
  • Donors
  • 1002 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:49 AM

Quite a long article, but it was definitely worth the time reading. Thanks for the translation :)

Posted Image_Posted Image_Posted Image

Starry Daisy Starry Daisy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

Such a lovely interview, thank you for translating it!

I can totally imagine Taeyeon watching Chibi Maruko-chan with her jumma laugh echoing in their dorm haha!

and I didn't know quite a few of them read manga, I thought they completely do not have time for that > <

I love Hotaru no Hikari and Nodame Cantabile too!

Jessica's description is pretty cool and Seohyun should read some mangas too, oh Hilari Clinton lol.

I'm on twitter

fizzionx fizzionx
  • Donors
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:51 AM

Wait.. I thought Seohyun admire Mr. Ban Ki-moon ? The UN secretary-general? :confused:
Anyways, Taeyeon likes 'Chibimarukochan'? :thumbup:
Me too ~ love the cartoon.. ^_^

firasalmira firasalmira
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

thanks for the translation!
haha what a good read ^^
"The healthy beauty who loves to workout"
i need to see more of it...

As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently defend our YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth, And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.
lPFDQoq.gif

Heartbreakn Heartbreakn
  • Donors
  • 1647 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for the translation.

The interview was more original than the other one who focus on their legs. Jessica is a fashionata, we all know that but Yuri swinning in the morning... Never really think about that. It's okay Yuri is more sexy that Jessica Alba for me~
SeoHyun role model are so... special xd, now it's Hilary Clinton. But what to exept from SeoHyun?

I just have to laught at Sunny, she talk about loving Haruki Murakami but her choice in the end is between 2 mangas... TaeYeon and SooYoung are drama addict hehe~ I'm a Nodame-chan fan too.

Sho.v Sho.v
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:11 AM

As the article sais, i think their greatest power comes from their unity and good manners, you can see all the time.

Tonkatsu94 Tonkatsu94
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:31 AM

THanks for the translation! :D

Wish Fany was there also ~ lols

As a Gorjess Spazzer,
I'll make sure cucumbers will cease to exist, practice how to do a dolphin squeal-like scream, sleep whenever there's an opportunity; if there isn't then resort to day-dreaming,
wear Abercrombie and Fitch as much as possible, and learn my English badly: So I'll receive scolding from my lovely Sica ^_^

snditzz snditzz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for sharing and translating~
Interview done by the girls are always interesting =]
I guess this interview is done some time ago. Wished Fany was there too XD
Also, the girls' holidays are almost over too... I hope they had a great time then.
Anyway, 2011 will be another successful year for SNSD too =]
SNSD Hwaiting~~ Always

shizzles9 shizzles9
  • Donors
  • 1111 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:59 AM

Wow to Seohyun admiring Hilary Clinton rofl. I'm just really looking forward to their Japan promotions after reading this, I foresee a lot of touring, new Japanese songs and the girls storming in the scene like they normally do. It'd be better to have them prepare properly and then give their all rather than rushing into it ^^ I have faith. Thank you for translating!

"Right, our relationship is just natural now. Conflicts and harsh arguments with each other, we are long past that stage." -Taengoo

eleza737 eleza737
  • Donors
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:05 AM

haha seohyun-ah. u admire Hillary Clinton :clap:
too bad fany wasnt there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run