Photo

[MESSAGE] 4th Anniversary: Send Girls' Generation a PostcardPlease read thread thoroughly!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
450 replies to this topic
hyoyeonce hyoyeonce
  • Donors
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

i have 2 questions, is it okay if my message is handwritten? and, is the back part of the postcard only contains message? what is the most preferred part of the back of the postcard should i write my username/name, city and country?? thanks...

The image on the back of your postcard needs to be of some scenery/a landmark/attraction where you are from. The idea behind this project is to show the girls the fans they have around the world, so it is essential to follow this theme. Of course the message on the back of the card can be handwritten. We prefer it that way. Include your SSF username and your location.

"To me, 소녀시대 is my heart. Because of it, I can run. I can feel my heart aflutter.
Because of 소녀시대, I feel I am alive." - Kwon Yuri

hyoyeonce hyoyeonce
  • Donors
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hi i am going to try to join i just have to find a really pretty postcard.
i have two questions it's kind of stupid but it's about the Happy 4th Anniversary, Girls' Generation!" in your native language.
i can speak 3 languages and i was wondering can i write it in more than one language or does it have to be just one ?.
i live in Norway and i was born in Croatia and lived in Iceland ( so i can speak Croatian,Icelandic and English and i am learning Norwegian but i can't speak it yet so i wouldn't know how to say Happy 4th Anniversary Girls' Generation in Norwegian so if i can't have it in more than one language can i like have the postcard from Norway but i say Happy 4th Anniversary, Girls' Generation!" in like Croatian or Icelandic ? or both ?
i am so sorry that this text/question is so long lol

If you know multiple languages you can include that message in those languages.

"To me, 소녀시대 is my heart. Because of it, I can run. I can feel my heart aflutter.

soshiLOVE!^.^ soshiLOVE!^.^
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:14 AM

Oooh it is really to be able to join this...but the matter is I never send anything via post office...I will still try to send an awesomely perfect post card though

Will there be any sample? I am afraid that I can't make it correctly...

xXKellieBellXx xXKellieBellXx
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

I will definitely take part in this ^^ ~ just gotta go to the store first to get a postcard, even though my town isn't that great ~ all we have is prairies ~
I want to show these girls how much I love them ~ even though it hasn't been for long ^^
Soshi fighting ~ <3

Posted Image
<33Taengoo<33

superpiggy superpiggy
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

finished my postcard

Username: super piggy
Postcard: http://3.bp.blogspot...00/17042011.jpg

vcman613 vcman613
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

:crybaby: dear Soshified; I am a hopeless computer junkie and looking at the previous sample of what is requested; I think i cannot qualify. :wacko: I don't know how to post a link to photos/postcard sample.....but if allowed, I will send postcard with a message to the mailing address. :welcome:

bryanky bryanky
  • Donors
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

:crybaby: dear Soshified; I am a hopeless computer junkie and looking at the previous sample of what is requested; I think i cannot qualify. :wacko: I don't know how to post a link to photos/postcard sample.....but if allowed, I will send postcard with a message to the mailing address. :welcome:

to post a link of your postcard here, just go on photobucket, make an account and upload a photo

Ps8d1.pngo26f7.png

van_soshiforever9 van_soshiforever9
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Is it okay if I wrote the message in 7 lines? because the space is little bit small :) please reply my question

The Power Of Nine

Follow/Add me on : Facebook me2day tumblr
twitter

RyuZanKi RyuZanKi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

I have another question.Can i just leave "Rightnow it's a Global Generation" in English and "Happy 4th anniversary Girl's Generation" in my native language?
And What are the maximum lines i can write on the postcard?

Edited by RyuZanKi, 23 April 2011 - 04:01 AM.

Imperfection-x3 Imperfection-x3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Okay guys, am gonna summarise whatever I have collated from reading all 7 pages worth of questions and replies. and for the project leader, please correct me when I am wrong. :D Hopefully this will serve as a guideline for me and other Sones before we send.

1) Postcard size can exceed the stated limit due to local default sizes but best if kept as close to guidelines as possible.

2) No small items are to be sent. Only donations in USD will be accepted and goes towards the funds for the 4th Anniversary Projects. Money are to be sent together with the postcard in the same envelope.

3) All postcards are to be sent to stated address, sealed, in an envelope. Address part of the postcard can be ommitted to make more space for message. Stamp of your country may be placed at the stamp area to give a more global outlook for the girls. (as stated by Soy)

4) If you have your own pictures and own printing equipment to print a proper postcard, you are allowed to make your own postcard instead of buying. (means your postcard that is printed out adhere to the postcard guidelines, its okay.)

5) After when we are done with writing our messages, we are to scan or take a picture of it, then post it here on this thread for sharing purposes before sending it off.

6) Include “Right now it's a Global Generation” “Happy 4th Anniversary, Girls' Generation” in your native language somewhere on the postcard. If you do not know of any other languages other than English, it is okay to leave in English.

And to Soy or Grandma Deer, I believe it’s better to post a sample postcard of what is allowed as a guideline for all Sones. Quite sure many is unsure of whether theirs are approved of or not if they are going to send. It's gonan be a waste if we send it all the way to USA and than gets discarded because we break certain rules that we may not be aware of.

Edited by Imperfection-x3, 25 April 2011 - 11:47 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Q. When do you feel like you're still a child? Seohyun: When I can't control my emotions.

- 2011 Ray interview

Probably the earliest SeoFany/SeoSic shipper in existence. lol.

veronica90 veronica90
  • Donors
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

finished mine! :-)

Username : veronica90
Postcard : http://i38.photobuck...17/DSCN8030.jpg

Posted Image

"There is no way out of Soshi" -Sooyoung

SOOSICSPHERE

my twitter

Thanh Giang Thanh Giang
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Wow, that's sound great:D . I want to participate, but I don't know: How can I do? Can you give me specific instructions, okay?

hyoyeonce hyoyeonce
  • Donors
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Thanks, Imperfection-x3. :) The only edit is that the posting of your own card images isn't for verification but rather so that everyone can see what the cards look like. We won't be looking at the scans to approve them so please don't wait for that to send your card as it won't happen.

To everyone: I will make a sample postcard and put it up in this thread later tonight (CST -6) so that everyone can be sure to follow the instructions properly. We have posted CLEAR AND DETAILED instructions more than once throughout this thread. Cards that do not follow the instructions WILL NOT be included. If your card is received early enough and does not meet the requirements, I will PM you to give you another opportunity to send a correctly formatted card.

Everyone please participate. Don't be discouraged. We want to show the girls how truly global SONEs are.

Look for the sample post sometime in the next 12 hours if you are confused.

hyoyeonce hyoyeonce
  • Donors
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

I have another question.Can i just leave "Rightnow it's a Global Generation" in English and "Happy 4th anniversary Girl's Generation" in my native language?
And What are the maximum lines i can write on the postcard?

We prefer it if both messages are in your native language; however, it is acceptable for it to be used in English.

The Master The Master
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thats cool!!!

I will surely send a good postcard and make them very happy....Posted Image

soshicloud soshicloud
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Ohhhhhhhh, I am so excited for this ^^
I have a question, is it okay if you can show us an example, because I feel lost ><"
another thing, is it okay if we can send 1 thing to the girls? not only the card? or the card only? :)
thanks~
Posted Image
cr: tifflebear

-Ice.Pearl- -Ice.Pearl-
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Question:

What kind of postcard will I send? hand made or the one that I bought. Sorry for this question but pls answer?

thanks!!!!!

Posted Image

soshiGhost9 soshiGhost9
  • Donors
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Question: My countries default postcard is 7 inches by 5 inches which is only 1 inch from the maximum...it this still okay??? :confused:

Taeganger's Vow:

As a Taeganger, I promise to despise all aegyo, to remain secretive with my butt fetishes, to laugh whenever and however I want, to spread my 'AMAJJING' engrish to everyone do everything I can to help Taeyeon in her quest to "CONQUER THE WORLD", and to wear a mustache to make my TaeYeon proud!

taegangtheme.jpg

Imperfection-x3 Imperfection-x3
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:51 PM

@hyoyeonce: no prob! editted my post as well! and did I forget to mention, your DP is extremely eyecatching? :D

and guys, come on, be a nice Sone to others by reading through this thread. many of your questions have been answered by our own fellow SSF members as well as Soy and hyoyeonce before. It wont take you more than 20mins, and I have already summarised all 7 pages worth of comments into one post. so if you have any questions that havent been answered, then its okay for you to post your question here, but pretty please with a cherry on top, READ BEFORE POSTING.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Q. When do you feel like you're still a child? Seohyun: When I can't control my emotions.

- 2011 Ray interview

Probably the earliest SeoFany/SeoSic shipper in existence. lol.

yoonasulli yoonasulli
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:51 AM

I'm definitely participating on this, it's a very cute anniversary present for the girls! I'm looking forward to this a lot! I'm assured that the girls willlove this :) It's a great way to show our support :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
<3 Love <3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run
@  cinderella@y... (04:51:06 PM) bots world zzz