• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic
Kkabbekky Kkabbekky
  • Donors
  • 3560 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

10 questions from Vogue to SNSD

1. What is your personality among all members?
2. Which artist do you respect?
3. On free days, what kind of fashion do you like?
4. What hair and bodycare do you do to maintain your beauty?
5. What is the item that can't be missed when you apply makeup?
6. What is the care for your tired legs due to dancing or the point to make you look pretty?
7. What are your favorite shoes and bags?
8. If you fall in love, what kind of partner would be the ideal one?
9. What is the thing you want the most right now?
10. What is the biggest luxury?

Taeyeon
I’m happy because today I was able to wear lovely clothes. The secret in looking pretty? Actually, right now, I’m skeptical of berry blush powder. Because I think yellow looks good. When all 9 of us are together, since we find balance while we compensate each other, we can do our job with a good feeling.
Born March 9th 1989
I laugh like ‘heeh’
The artist I respect changes all the time.
3. On free days, what kind of fashion do you like to wear?
I often wear one-pieces since I like it.
I use hair essences every day and I try to lessen the time of drying my hair. When I have time for exercising I go to the gym.
Eyebrow pencil.
6. What is the care for your tired legs due to dancing or the point to make you look pretty?
I apply body lotion and I massage and stretch by myself. While stretching my back straightly, I try to get a pretty posture.
Chloé bags. For shoes, I choose comfortable ones.
A kind person
A car. Ah! But first I need to get my driver’s license. (laughs)

Yoona
Since all members dressed up beautifully for the photoshoot, it feels as if we are going to a lovely party, it was a lot of fun.’
Born May 30th 1990
Usually I wear comfortable, simple things a lot, like cardigans, jackets, t-shirts with a hoodie, but among that I also like feminine designs or fashion.
Actually, now because of our continuous filming I’m worried about my damaged hair. When I have time I get it treated. As for my way of exercising, it’s the same as the members, we go to the gym.
Mascara.
For leg care, I massage them and I place my legs higher than my head when I sleep.
Before I buy shoes or a bag, I first think if it’s a design that is very useful for me.
My ideal type is a guy who is calm and gentle, and who can lead me well.
To spend time taking pictures of a scenery with my favorite camera.

Yuri
Since a primary color fits my skin, I was happy today.
Born on December 5th 1989
Healthy, bright and honest. Energetic. Dance.
Lately I’m into Janet Jackson and Ciara again. Janet is the best!
Chic and simple fashion.
I gave a light hair color a try for the first time for Mr Taxi. Since it was bleached and highlights were put in, I do home care when I have time. The exercising I like lately is body design and muscle buildup. (laughs) As for yoga this is my 4th year.
Since the tone of your skin is very important, I apply base and UV block.
Half body bathing. I always use bathing soap that I got as a present from Japanese fans. Let’s all exercise and stretch~ (laughs)
I always think about the material of the shoes and bags first. I like something simple with a high-class feeling.
A person with a warm heart and with friendly eyes.
A computer! A necessity to compose songs.
To spend time uselessly.

Sooyoung
I decided on my pose via the silhouette of the clothes
Born on February 10th 1990.
I can introduce the members in Japanese (laughs)
Beyonce.
I like comfortable and cool clothes, like a black jacket, a long T-shirt with leggings etc.
I get my hair treated at the salon. At home I dry my hair with cold air. As for exercising, I do both pilates and weight training. It’s hard, but it really makes you healthy!
Lips! My favorite color is Dior 578.
Half body bathing and massaging myself. When I apply a cooling sheet and sleep, the next day it becomes a little bit better. I apply oil and I do weight training called ‘Deadlift’, which makes my back pretty and my legs flexible.
At an Isabelle Marant sale I bought heels with a red ribbon. I also wear Repetto flat shoes a lot.
Alexander Wang bags.
Somebody who is bubbly is good, but nowadays a person who is like a calm friend is good.
The PS1 bag by Proenza Schouler.

Seohyun
The angle that makes you look pretty is important. Since the way I’m being photographed worries me, I checked the pictures over and over again after the photoshoot.(laughs)’
Born on June 28th 1991
A bright and clear voice. I will do my best to develop more of my strong points.
Beyonce’s singing skills and Kelly Clarkson’s ability to express emotions.
My favorite color is white. I also wear skinny jeans a lot.
Treatment and hairpack. When I dry my hair I do it with cold air. As for exercising I go to the gym and stretch.
Transparent lip gloss.
I continuously exercise and stretch for health and creating a beautiful (body) line. I stretch 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes before sleeping. I sleep with my legs placed higher than my head.
For shoes, I like the comfortable ones, but I also think it’s important to buy something eye-catching that becomes the main point.
A friendly person who is positive and has self-control. A brave person who can express his feelings well. Someone who does his very best at his job and love.
Time that I can enjoy freely.

Tiffany
Today I was able to wear a bold colored outfit which was different from usual; it was very fresh. It was as if I was running on the runway or red carpet.
Born on August 1st 1989
More than anyone else I like one-pieces.
For hair, home care is necessary. I use essences all the time, and I get it treated once a week. As for exercising, I recently started getting personal training and for health I mainly do stretching or weights.
Blush. It creates a lovely and refreshing atmosphere.
I make my body warm by half body bathing and then sleep. I think that by wearing shoes with heels your legs look longer and slimmer.
I like Balenciaga motorcycle bags, I don’t know how much I have. (laughs) Recently, I bought an Yves Saint Laurent bag and I really like it.
A person whose laugh is cute.
A cute one-piece!
I’m the type that wants things I can’t obtain...

Hyoyeon
I’m happy that my outfit and hair color match. Since I like to try out a lot of hair colors as a result of all the colors adding up, it became this complicated color.
Born September 22nd 1989
A neat style with simple clothes, like a loose T-shirt with skinny jeans. I also like chic vintage. I choose bags that becomes the highlight of the outfit.
I don’t only go to the hair salon, but I also treat my hair at home whenever I have time.
Matte beige tone and peach tone lips. I arrange with vague pearl eye make-up.
To show off beautiful legs is the angle.
I like Alexander Wang, Givenchy, Mulberry bags and shoes.
Somebody with single eyelids. A guy with a style like Chris Brown.
A white Balenciaga motorcycle bag.
I also like jewelry, but since digital products are my favorite, it’s a luxury for me to play on the computer for a long time.

Sunny
When I choose clothes, because I’m a woman, I always try to have my (body) line show off beautifully. Since I challenged this great and lively photo shoot with bright feelings, I’m feeling really good today.
Born May 15th 1989
My determination to win is strong.
I like a comfortable style of clothes and I often wear a loose T-shirt with skinny jeans.
Regarding haircare, I do treatments or use oil often to improve my hair.
Eyeliner can’t be missed. In order to make your eyes clearer you have to make the impression clear.
I think one way to show off your legs prettily is to show a beautiful pose. And at the same time, I think having a sense of tension is also important.
A gentle guy.
I want to have a pet!
To spend an ordinary day, and spending time with my family. I’m so busy that I can’t even do that, however in return I’m gaining a lot and since I did it to fulfill my desired dream I have no regrets.

Jessica
I want all the shoes used in today’s photoshoot. (laughs) Thanks to this job, I’m happy that I’m surrounded by lovely clothes and members who are also friends.
Born on April 18th 1989
Bright personality.
Jennifer Lopez. I respect her because she is successful in many fields like singing, acting, fashion and producing perfume, etc.
Comfortable fashion. I like to mix girly and chic style. For example I would match a riders jacket with a floral printed one-piece.
After I treat and shampoo my hair with hair oil and essence, I always do hair care. As for exercising I do that at the gym.
Mascara and maintaining flawless skin.
Half body bathing. It’s important to be healthy in order to show off your legs beautifully.
Celine and Alexander Wang. Basically I like comfortable fashion.
A person who does their best at the work given to them. Someone who is considerate and reliable.
iPad2

For the beginning of the summer of 2011, we headed to Seoul in order to photograph SNSD. The sakura in Tokyo already fell, while in Seoul they were in full blossom. The temperature was around 10°C and the weather was cloudy with occasionally light rain.
The first page of the photo shoot was outside. There were some people who wanted to change the plan quickly to have the photo shoot indoors. But, when all 9 members arrived, the set became exciting. When they went outside, Hyoyeon said with a smile ‘It’s ok’ in Japanese, but the wind was cold. Their sense of professionalism got ignited and the highlight was the appearance of them showing their astonishing model poses simultaneously. The once thought to be impossible photo shoot became possible and it was that moment we experienced the magic that SNSD shows as a group.
SNSD debuted in Korea in 2007. To change the public awareness towards girl groups where looks are important and skills not, their song and dance were evaluated, and the Korean music market records were changed over and over again. Their Japanese debut was last year. They took control of the 1st spot and 2nd spot with GEE and GENIE on the Oricon Yearly Single Ranking for Newcomers. They reclaimed new grounds this year with their first original Japanese song, the 3rd single MR TAXI. When the PV of the new song was uploaded on youtube, no longer is SNSD only in Asia, but in no time their fan base became global.
American, Gene Krell, who is the publisher of Vogue Korea and presently the creative director of the Vogue Korea edition, commented, “At the Paris Collection, when the other editors asked about K-pop and SNSD, I never thought of them coming.” Music writer, Wakabayashi Megumi, explained, “SNSD is global pop originating from Asia.
Their true faces are rich in personality. Taeyeon of whom I thought would wear a floral one-piece with bolero, appeared in casual clothes before the photo shoot. Sooyoung completely clad in black, put on a black jacket. Their bags were each Celine, Balenciaga, YSL, Givenchy, which shows their susceptible state of trends. On the other hand, upon their breathtaking beautiful legs, I noticed the flat shoes that are favored on the dancers’ feet. When I asked Jessica, who was raised in America, without thinking in English ‘Is the work hard?’ , she said brightly, ‘We practice a minimum of 4 hours every day, but since we had to practice 10 hours daily as trainees, we can endure it!’ The choreographer, Rino Nakasane, who took part in SNSD’s choreography also said, ‘It seems as if they dance easily, but without a base of a suitable dance they can’t do the moves. For the turning the steering wheel move in MISTER TAXI, they used an actual steering wheel for exercise and practiced many hours.
SNSD, whose skills are highly perfect until now, have their future on their minds. Then I received this answer from Tiffany, ‘I came to realize I can’t be a ‘girl’ forever. But what we talked about with all of us, is that even while each of us are doing different activities, we want to be active as SNSD.
And in the end she left with a fluent American English message, ‘We wanna go global’ and went to prepare for the next photo shoot. Not only because of their music, but also as beauty standards they are now ready to take on the world starting with Asia.

Translated by [email protected] and [email protected]
scans by: tangpa.com

*Team Y's twitter* My twitter*

Posted ImagePosted Image

credit yulsic sigs: taeyeon17

zheming zheming
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3987 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

Thank you very much for the much needed translation. I wish i could own a copy of this magazine because they looks just pure gorgeous!
Well,since when they don't anyway.

jlBrH8t.jpg
Pre-orders & sales of Girls' Generation merchandisehttp://girlsgenerationgoods.sg/

mjwinn93 mjwinn93
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

Thanks a lot for the translations <33

I've been wondering what's their answers for each question hehehe
They all have a different answers and it's fun to read XD

And apparently, now, they really into fashion > <
They keep mentioning branded stuff and also they are into gadget nowadays, mostly apple LOL

What caught my attention is this quote from Tiffany: ‘I came to realize I can’t be a ‘girl’ forever. But what we talked about with all of us, is that even while each of us are doing different activities, we want to be active as SNSD.’

Edited by mjwinn93, 30 May 2011 - 04:44 AM.

"You asked us about our teamwork. But really there is no secret. We just live like sisters." - Sooyoung

colin<3SNSD colin<3SNSD
  • Donors
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thank you so much for translated this Magazine, hard work guys... really appreciated this ~
also like reading about their different answers :D getting to know them more!

Posted Image
icon&banner cr:lynnryan@soshified

Follow me on twitter --> Posted Image

crazyshadows crazyshadows
  • Donors
  • 1000 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

wow thnx for the translation, i enjoyed reading all this :]
they all seem to have different ways of keeping healthy,
good to know they are not over stressed from their activities.
Plus i didn't know so much member's idea type are gentle guys T_T
Guess i'm definitely out of the question.
Posted ImagePosted Image
choops.@ssf

maknaeshi maknaeshi
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

i had a great time reading this.

thank you for translating.

i came to know the girls more.

nice work done soshified. =)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oie_rounded_corners1.gif  oie_rounded_corners-1.gif

As a Twin Trooper, I promise to always stay loyal to our Twin Generals,
To help and to support them in their dorky conquest of the world, To diligently
defend our
YoonYul Alliance base, To assist their master plan of hair growth,
And to always uphold this Twin Trooper vow.

YuriFan21 YuriFan21
  • Donors
  • 657 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Everyone should thank Bekky heaps for this! She put in a lot of her time and effort to get it done quickly! And vote her post up!

S♥NE S♥NE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for the translation. :)
It's interesting to know that they had to practice the steering wheel move with a real steering wheel ;D
All of them look amazing~~
As a Gorjess Spazzer,
I'll make sure cucumbers will cease to exist, practice how to do a dolphin squeal-like scream, sleep whenever there's an opportunity; if there isn't then resort to day-dreaming,
wear Abercrombie and Fitch as much as possible, and learn my English badly: So I'll receive scolding from my lovely Sica. <3
Posted Image Posted Image

soozarr soozarr
  • Donors
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

Thank you so much for translating and sharing this article. Very much appreciated and enjoyed reading from top to the bottom ^_^ Cheers! Keep it up guys!

Follow me @soozarr | Sooyoung S♥ranghe! SNSD Fighting! My Favorite Number Had Always Been 9. It's Fate.

Starry Daisy Starry Daisy
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

Thank you so much for the hard work, i've been waiting for this translation.

Funny how Taeyeon says eyebrow pencil is a must for her. Oh Jessica had a short english convo with the interviewer? She is great but I think a minimum practice of 4 hours is kinda harsh, can't imagine their trainee days gosh!

It is fun to read, and I believe they will go global eventually, with these beautiful nine ladies with such beautiful bonds who work so hard.

I'm on twitter

Yoonyul_heemal Yoonyul_heemal
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2326 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

Thank you so much!!
I think it seems that some questions are missing..
but it's ok..nice work!^^

Posted Image

ana ana
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:06 AM

Thank you SO much for translating everything! SNSD, the girls who love fashion and each other. They have awesome pictures here too! And more mature and less girly anwers from them! <3

Edited by ana, 30 May 2011 - 05:06 AM.

Icy Icya Icy Icya
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Thanks so much for this translation and post it here...there're so much to say but one thing i find it funny is when taeng unnie reply with eyebrow pencil because remember once shinyoung unnie said taeng unnie doesn't have eyebrows or something :lolol:

IMG_8282.jpgEC9CA8ED83B1.jpg

지금은 소녀시대 앞으로도 소녀시대 영원히 소녀시대
As a Sone+Taeganger+Yurisistable I'll always support and love the girls forever
Forever9 (Taeyeon Jessica Tiffany Sunny Yuri Hyoyeon Seohyunie Sooyoungie wa Yoona)

Yinfany Yinfany
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Thankyou for the translations! :D Totally jjang! ^_^ My favorite sentence of this whole topic,

''When all 9 of us are together, since we find balance while we compensate each other, we can do our job with a good feeling.''

Woohooo Taeyeon! :heart:

Taeyeon and Tiffany, they both like one piece...? ;) TaeNy~ Keekeekee! Daebak! :thumbup: Tiffany wants someone that has a cute laugh. Taeyeon described her own personality among the members with her laughter... Hmm... More TaeNy! :wub: Ohmygod~

"Never say good-bye, So-wons." - Choi Sooyoung, GGWT SG, 131012. 

They are my Girls' Generation; I'm their So-won. ♥

JUST & ONLY OT9. ♥

@hengyin09

kimtami kimtami
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:15 AM

Thanks for the translation i'm enjoyed reading this article.
Im so touched when Wakabayashi Megumi explained SNSD is global pop originating from Asia..
Girls' Generation DAEBAK !!

Zukii Zukii
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

Thankyou soooo much! ^^

I've been wanting to read this interview so badly.

The girls all look fantastic in the shoot!!

..now I've gotta go research this half-body bathing they always rave about..

snditzz snditzz
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for translating and sharing all this~
I really loved their comments ; They really do have interest in fashion :thumbup:
Their schedule must be very tight now... Stay strong :rambo: Hwaiting~
Anyway, they look really gooood in that magazine :thumbsup:

iswiminpink iswiminpink
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

aww. i like the intwerview!! and also the last part. what tiffany said was the best TT SNSD wont ever break. NEVER :D im sure of that! :) more powers to you guys! :)

dan4413jwfJUH dan4413jwfJUH
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1180 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:34 AM

oh i REALLY like the part about taking on the world!!! this i can help the girls with, by spreading SNSD's great name to those around me hahax...(finally i can contribute to the forever 9 effort!!:DD) any way, was great to read about them, and i really shld go to the gym more jus like them!!!! arghh....so unfit now....thks for remindiing me girls~~~~ anyway they practise at least 4 hours a day!! DANG they've really got alot of dedication! but i guess thats why they're SNSD!!! FIghting!!! keep well and stay strong, i promise to continue to keep my luv for u girls strong!!
Jes♥♥SicaPosted ImagePosted ImageThe Soshi Theory- So Nyuh Shi Dae+Sone=9+1 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Posted Image

jolovessnsd jolovessnsd
  • Donors
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

thanks for the translations! i learn so many new things about the girls, especially their current state of mind! They've really matured! :)

I thot Taengoo got a driving license??
And Fany really cannot live without heels! lol..

And they are truly going global!! :) Global generation FTW!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Just a christian SONE who feels that the best action I can do for SNSD is to pray for them, every single day. :)
follow me on Twitter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (09:14:06 PM) company war lol
@  cinderella@y... (09:12:13 PM) what going on in Korea? nowdays
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:17 PM) goood lol
@  Keitaro88 (04:12:11 PM) Pannchoa website appears to be taken down
@  Keitaro88 (03:55:18 PM) nothing