Photo

[2011.07.22] Soshified Field Trip Day 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
cucumberoni cucumberoni
  • Donors
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

After a wild and crazy Day 0 and a relatively slow Day 1, Day 2 was jam-packed with a completely FULL schedule of sightseeing.

We began by visiting the Korean Tourism Organization, which is full of useful information for tourists... Useful information, such as a section dedicated to K-pop Stars. Posters, bios, and life-size cutouts of various K-pop stars made that section of the KTO a treat for all of us, but the main attraction were the life-size cutouts of Taeyeon, Jessica, and Yuri. Most everyone took an opportunity to take photos next to cutouts. The recently released "All About Girls' Generation" DVDs were also playing on several TVs inside the KTO.

Posted Image
Walking into the KTO

Posted Image
Posing with TaengSicYul

Posted Image
Sunny on the telly

After spazzing about Soshi inside the KTO, everyone was ushered outside where media crews from SBS, MBC, KBS, etc. were waiting to film, photograph, and interview us about our trip. The president of the KTO (whose name I unfortunately can't remember right now because I'm so tired) also personally greeted us and spoke to us about Korean culture. Several Soshified members were interviewed on camera about Girls' Generation, K-pop, and Korean culture in general. The meeting with the press was capped off by a quick and impromptu dance performance by several Soshified members.

Posted Image
The group posing with a banner

Posted Image
The large media presence

Posted Image
Dancing to Genie

After the surreal experience with the Korean media, we walked from the KTO to the nearby Cheonggye Stream for the true tourist activity: picture-taking. Everyone walked around the Cheonggye Stream for roughly 45 minutes taking pictures, and once that was finished, we left to visit Gyeongbok Palace, the ancient residence of the Korean royalty. After learning more about Korea's history and seeing the beautiful man-made and natural scenery of the Gyeongbok Palace, we also stopped by the Blue House, which is the South Korean Presidential Residence.

Posted Image
Cheonggye Stream

Posted Image
Cheonggye Stream

Posted Image
Changing of the guards ceremony in Gyeongbok Palace

Posted Image
Royal Banquet Hall

Posted Image
Fountain and phoenix statue near the Blue House

We had an hour-and-a-half lunch break in the Insadong area, and before we ate, most of us managed to find an Innisfree store where, of course, Yoona's picture was everywhere inside. Luck was in our favor as that particular Innisfree store had a large amount of promotional goods in the back, so many of us walked our with Yoona posters, stickers, and the green Innisfree handkerchief (I made sure to buy some lotion for myself so that I wouldn't just be asking for free stuff). Lunch for myself and a handful of other SONE friends consisted of wonderfully cold naengmyun, which we ate to try and fight the heat and humidity of summer.

Posted Image
Yoona's face is everywhere inside Innisfree

Posted Image
Yoona's face is everywhere inside Innisfree

Posted Image
My bowl of naengmyun

After our lunch break ended, we boarded the buses yet again to travel to Kimchi School, where we learned about the ingredients involved and the process of making kimchi. After the kimchi-making class, we also tried on traditional Korean hanboks.

Posted Image
Entering the Kimchi School

Posted Image
My completed kimchi

Posted Image
Trying on the hanboks

Once we finished up at Kimchi School, we made an unscheduled stop at a cosmetics store (the name of which I forgot). The tour guides were enthusiastically telling us about the benefits of Korean BB Creme, and quite a few people walked out with bags of skincare products. Then we left for dinner, where we ate samgetang (spelling?), a type of chicken noodle soup that is traditionally eaten in the summer. Dinner was followed by a trip to see a Jump performance, a non-verbal musical comedy performance based on martial arts. I didn't quite know what to expect from the Jump show, but I found it very entertaining and hilarious, so I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Seoul.

Posted Image
The chicken noodle soup

The official tour activities concluded, and we all returned to the hotel after the Jump show. A small group of about 10 of us went to Dongdaemun night market for some late night shopping. We haggled for cheap prices and ate some street food, but we struggled to catch a cab to take us back once we finished. Filled with frustration, we decided to go eat some patbingsoo (shaved ice) and try again later. Finally, we returned to the hotel and we have another long day ahead of us tomorrow, as we're going to attend the rehearsal AND recording of Music Core, followed by shopping in Myeongdong.

Posted Image
Dongdaemun

Posted Image
Dongdaemun

Posted Image
Patbingsoo

I'll talk to you all again tomorrow, after we go to see MuCore!!

- fanaccount and photos by michaelroni@soshified.com

- Day 0/1 fanaccount here

Meehyun Meehyun
  • Donors
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Look at em media.You guys are celebrities! \o/
Thanks for the pictures recap!

Nullify Nullify
  • Donors
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the account! Hopefully the media will not bombard you guys for much longer. Other than that I hope you guys are having fun ^^

doridorisu doridorisu
  • Donors
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

such a fun culture-filled day mix with a bit of spotlight in the media, I still find it hilarious how they're following you everywhere XD and its only Day 2! haha, I must say the pictures makes me 10000000000x more jealous because everything is so colourful and wonderful *_____* how come there are no shots of you on the hanbok? :P don't be shyyyy hehe. So excited for the third day ^-^ MuCore recording, looking forward to it!

more street food juseyo :D

"Whatever I say you never misunderstand because you know our true selves. Girls' Generation's journey was not peaceful as you know. There have been difficult times and misunderstandings and you have been supporting us through everything always believing in us. The pink ocean is so beautiful, it is more beautiful than Girls' Generation. We will work hard so that you will be able to tell anyone that you are proud fans of Girls' Generation" - Sooyoung

Official Fan Meeting, September 26th 2010

Now and forever, your wish.

Yolyca21 Yolyca21
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the fan account! You really are making those of who couldn't go
feel that we are right there with you guys!!
Have fun at Music Core!

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

Tons of media all over the place! I can't wait til the press pictures come out hehehehehehe. It looks like they love you guys as much as you love... kpop? Hm I guess they glossed over the fact that it was Girls' Generation fangroup. It seems like you guys visited some great places! Making kimchi looks fun too..

Ahh all that food, I'm so hungry. naengmyun naengmyun naengMYUN! The patbingsoo looks yummy too lol. You can have it somewhere else, but everything tastes better in Korea.

Have fun at Music Core!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

SeraphKY SeraphKY
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Tsk tsk Michael, I see spelling mistakes! ahaha, but I'll forgive you since you're giving us this nice re-cap plus you posted this pretty late into the night too. Did your kimchi taste alright?? =O I expect you to make us some when you get back, kekeke. And also more pictures of you in traditional clothing! Otherwise, thank you for all your hard work.

How much does anyone want to bet that the people from ssf might get filmed during the recording for Music Core?? lol.

Seraph

PS=> nice try at the person who was sneaking his arms around the Taeyeon cutout, I see you being all sneaky there, kekekeke.
Posted Image
Posted Image

KillDeer KillDeer
  • Donors
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for the food pics.
Posted Image

Manii Manii
  • Donors
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yah... Patbingsoo looks delicious.. It's delicious right?? No wonder the girls love it soo much. and i also want to try it too.

Thanks for sharing the fanaccount i know several place through that.
Enjoy the trip and the concert.. OMGOMG... It's today. 2 solo concert . I'm exciting.... :D:D:D:D:D:D
Posted Image
Fany: Everything, Pink, Mine.
Me: Everything, Yours, I Love. (⌒_⌒)

My Twitter

My Tumblr

perikitiw perikitiw
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

seleb is HERE!!!

yes you guys!! look at that media!!!

have a great trip...and dont forget to update...

i really want to taste naengmyon and patbingso!! look delicious....

and and....i want to ask you a favor...if you are interviewed by media please say SNSD i every question even it's not related!! they have to know that you guys come along because of our girls...we are SONE...they must know it, the korean media...

EASY EASY
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

Fans of SNSD is a star too!!
Enjoy the trip guys! I will waiting for your updating about this trip!

Posted Image

역시 소녀시대 Girls' Generation Indeed

Forever 9 ♡ Forever 9 ♡
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

I want cut outs of snsd too ): . S.Korea is so beautiful D: . Jealous/ . Tell us more about MuCore and SNSD's concert (today right ) ? Take a lot of pictures too !

Forever & Always; Jessica Jung.

{{ tumblr ; twitter }}

NotUrAvgSONE NotUrAvgSONE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

:clap: Keep it up!!! Thank you once again, I loved the pictures, especially the guards, food and nightlife. and gosh you all must be mini celebrities for the time being right?! the the media following you around and everything. Can't wait for the next update, which will definitely have Music Core in it (we are both watching it, im watching a stream, and your actually there!)

Have fun for everyone!!

Posted Image

FANYISM <3

ITS A LIFESTYLE

LIVE. BY. IT.

Saetang Saetang
  • Donors
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Haha, I was a little surprised at all media attention you guys were getting, but I'm glad you guys did! Soshified is getting more and more known to everyone around the world soon :) The patbingsoo definitely does look delicious!

Thanks for the recap!

All aboard! The never ending Soshi Subway^^

giWWdHe.png

JessiesBoy JessiesBoy
  • Donors
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

We showed up on Music Core during Kim Hyun Joong's Kiss Kiss all the people shown in the audience were sones. The three guys waving KHJ's album was me and ImYoonHa and our buddy glen. We got the albums for free after talking with a few of KHJ's ahjumma fans.

Shika Shika
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

I think the cosmetic shop's name was "Kaya Duty Free", and I think most people spell the chicken ginseng soup as "SamGyeTang". I didn't know you were writing fan accounts! :D

Posted Image

Demon2Angel Demon2Angel
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

The pictures really make me so jealous that I can't participate in the SSF activities.

The food looks scrumptious. The picture of the stream is beautiful actually and I am sure it will look better live. ><

Patbingsoo reminds me of Hello Baby lol XD

Thanks for the pictures and this wonderful fan account!

heerinss heerinss
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

the food looks soo good, hehe. :3 i'm getting starving. <3
and the hanboks are so pretty! i must try one on someday. :)

yoonyul_zpscda8954a.jpg

gycDh.gif

icon: yoonyul snsd || blinkie: snsdxlover || banner: sayhellotothestars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  cinderella@y... (01:34:00 AM) what is that bot doing zzz
@  cinderella@y... (04:52:29 PM) bot zzzzz
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:35 PM) bots*
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:31 PM) bot r crazy
@  Keitaro88 (04:44:26 PM) yeah
@  alice_ot12 (04:00:43 PM) i hate the ad spam