Photo

[2011.07.23] Soshified Field Trip Day 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
cucumberoni cucumberoni
  • Donors
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Despite today being one of the less jam-packed days on the schedule in terms of number of total things to be done, it ended up being one of the most exciting and memorable. After breakfast, we visited the Namsan Hanok Village, which had old-style traditional Korean houses. It also contained a time capsule that was buried in 1994 and is set to be opened in the year 2394 for the 1000-year anniversary of Seoul becoming the capital of South Korea. Many items reflecting the state of Korea's lifestyle, living environment, science and technological advancement, etc. during 1994 were placed inside the time capsule.

Posted Image
Kimchi jars

Posted Image
Anybody recognize this? A similar one was used on Invincible Youth

Posted Image
Viewing the time capsule location

Following the visit to Namsan Hanok Village, we visited nearby Namsan Park. One of the interesting features of the park was a set of exercise machines which utilized only the user's own body weight.

Posted Image
Exercise machine at Namsan Park

Posted Image
Exercise machine at Namsan Park

Posted Image
Winding road out of the park

Then, we departed for one of the most exciting parts of the entire trip: a visit to MBC's studio in Ilsan for the live recording of Music Core. Once we were seated in the studio, we got to see the final rehearsals of artists such as Kim Hyun Joong, MBLAQ, Hyunah, and T-ara. We remained in our seats during the live recording and screamed our support for those artists plus others such as CSJH - Dana & Sunday, After School Blue & Red, miss A, INFINITE, and 2PM (though some of those performances were pre-recorded, so the artists just came out and lip-synced and danced for the benefit of the fans). Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed inside, so I have no pictures from Music Core to show you, however we were lucky enough to get an extremely special opportunity after the show.

We were allowed to stay after the recording ended and take two group pictures on stage, one with 2PM and one with T-ara. With nearly 100 people standing on the stage, we were told not to move, otherwise the stage might break. So when 2PM (and later T-ara) came out to greet us, we were not allowed to do anything more than stay where we were and say hello. I was kneeling in the front of the group, though, so I managed to shake hands with Chansung, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon from 2PM as well as with Hyomin of T-ara. Also, after 2PM took their picture with us and they got up to leave, I got a double-handed high five from Chansung, so I was pretty psyched about that... and I'm not even a 2PM fan.

....... I may have trolled 2PM just a little bit during rehearsals/recording by screaming out "Taecyeon-oppa saranghaeyo!!!!"

The excitement that we felt after Music Core didn't go away, however, as we traveled to Myeongdong after dinner. Myeongdong is where the SPAO and Everysing stores are located, so nearly everyone went crazy buying up all kinds of clothes and Soshi goodies. The words "I think I spent too much money" were frequently spoken by many people after we left SPAO and Everysing.

Posted Image
Dinner

Posted Image
Walking towards SPAO/Everysing in Myeongdong

Posted Image
Felix the Cat shirts

Posted Image
A large wall of Soshi inside SPAO

Posted Image
Inside Everysing

Posted Image
Soshi standees inside Everysing

Another long day in terms of the amount of time that we spent out and about, and another incredibly eventful day. Meeting 2PM and T-ara at Music Core and shopping our hearts out at SPAO/Everysing were wonderful memories, but the most memorable day is still on the horizon, because tomorrow, we will attend the Girls' Generation concert!!

Just so you all know, the official field trip schedule includes only tomorrow's second-day concert. A handful of field trip participants bought extra tickets on their own for the first-day concert which concluded earlier tonight. I was not one of those people, so I have nothing to recap about that.

Tomorrow's recap might be late (next day?) in the event that I'm dead tired from the concert.... or just dead from excessive happiness.

Day 0/1 recap here

Day 2 recap here

-fanaccount and photos by [email protected]

Faia-sama Faia-sama
  • Donors
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Lmao Taecyeon oppa. Something I would do. Lol. Glad you guys are having a blast. Hope everything continues being amazing. Thanks for the recap

Posted Image

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

I really hope you said it in as deep a voice as possible hahaha. It sounds like it was a great day. Ahhh spent too much money, it's ok, you're in Korea! You've got all your lives to find money, this is a trip for the ages and you might as well spend haha. Have fun at the concert tomorrow! While you die of happiness, i'mma go die of depression.

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

SeraphKY SeraphKY
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:22 AM

lol Michael. And you guys say I'm bad for trolling people! I definitely cannot claim that I trolled anyone even remotely famous, and you went and trolled Taecyon?? lol!! You aren't allowed to complain about me trolling people anymore. "Don't move or the stage will break." Just how flimsy is that stage?? lol ><;

I wonder if the 2pm and T-ara people know that you guys are here for SNSD?? hm....interesting. Thoughts??

Seraph
Posted Image
Posted Image

doridorisu doridorisu
  • Donors
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

even if I'm not a massive fan of anyone, if I have a high five or something from them I would totally be psyched BECAUSE THEY HAD INTERACTIONS WITH SOSHI (especially Hyomin, although I am her fan ;~;) I seriously love all the cultural stuff you're experiencing... I absolutely anything to do with history so just reaccounting that makes me excited, I wish I was there! and the famous Myeongdong :( I want to go crazy shopping! (and I'm not even a crazy shopper myself) but it seems like a place bustling with activity its too fun to miss. D-Day tomorrow, oppa and friends make us proud ;~~~~;

"Whatever I say you never misunderstand because you know our true selves. Girls' Generation's journey was not peaceful as you know. There have been difficult times and misunderstandings and you have been supporting us through everything always believing in us. The pink ocean is so beautiful, it is more beautiful than Girls' Generation. We will work hard so that you will be able to tell anyone that you are proud fans of Girls' Generation" - Sooyoung

Official Fan Meeting, September 26th 2010

Now and forever, your wish.

Saetang Saetang
  • Donors
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Ah, that's why some Soshified members on Twitter already went to the concert last night. Pretty cool, I would of bought tickets to both concerts as well if I went, haha. Meeting 2PM and T-ARA is definitely dope, and I saw you guys on Music Core during KHJ perf! I wish I could of been there with you guys, but there's always next year maybe, haha.

Thanks for the updates and I'm definitely looking forward for tomorrow's recap!

All aboard! The never ending Soshi Subway^^

giWWdHe.png

NotUrAvgSONE NotUrAvgSONE
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Luckyyyyy!!! 2PM and T-ARA!! so cool! and last night i saw a couple of you all, ShannonK i believe haha! I was like 'oh my gosh! that's them, they showed Global Generation!!' Dang it, someone should of took orders for other SONEs while you are all in South Korea, we want SPAO merchandise too!!

Well I hope the rest of you day is fun filled, its only 11am KST there!

Posted Image

FANYISM <3

ITS A LIFESTYLE

LIVE. BY. IT.

Kaiwa Kaiwa
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

It's great to read these fan accounts! I'm still a little sad that I wasn't able to go myself. I'm not really active on these forums quite yet and did not have a passport either... Next time however, if there will be one, I am 100% in :)

JessiesBoy JessiesBoy
  • Donors
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

It's was a great day I'll tell you that taec was keeping the crowd entertained with his constant joking around and dorkiness, messing with Suzy during performances etc. When we got ready to take the picture wih 2pm all the members sat in front of us while taec said "I gotta be in the back with the other people" and proceeded to jump on floorsets to make his way to the back nWhen they surprised us with a quick fanmeet we and the idols were both surprised cause it was very sudden and a couple of us had our snsd towels on us so they knew we were there for them which mightve made them a little upset.

Forever 9 ♡ Forever 9 ♡
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:19 PM

Hmm . When will you guys comeback ?
Tell us about the concert too l: .
I'm still a little sad that I wasn't able to go myself D: .

Forever & Always; Jessica Jung.

{{ tumblr ; twitter }}

andrieddle andrieddle
  • Donors
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Looking forward to the amazingness of the Concerts!

It must be nice, if there's another one, I'll go.

Shika Shika
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

Not gonna lie, Taecyeon's face was blank when he saw the Soshified towel in our hands, but he still did a lot of fan service for us, damn I'm a hottest now. T-ara are so tiny in real life.

Junsu was just in front of me, and he smiled 1000 Mega Watt smile at me when he dropped his iphone in front of me, I swear I would go gay for him now. xD

I got to shake hands with most of them. Whee!!!

Posted Image

Demon2Angel Demon2Angel
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

This looks fun. I kinda lol'ed when i saw the exercise machine picture.

The picture of the dinner also made me feel hungry again. GAHH it's almost midnight for me here, better not eat anything lol

Anyway, thanks for this fan account. I enjoyed reading it ^^

heerinss heerinss
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

that exersize machine... that looked really awkward, lol.
i bet if i was on it, i'd scream and yell... (cuz doesn't that thing go upside down or something? lol idk).
that dinner... it looks kinda good, but im allergic to seafood, so i better not think about it, lol.
2pm and t-ara? OMG LUCKKKYYY! i'd die if i got to touch them (im fans of both groups, but not like super obsessed like i am with snsd ;D)
hehe, i see f(x)'s hot summer mv in the screen.
:o lots of soshi stands! are all korean stores like that? filled with life size cutouts of them? keke. :3

yoonyul_zpscda8954a.jpg

gycDh.gif

icon: yoonyul snsd || blinkie: snsdxlover || banner: sayhellotothestars

Cr4zy Cr4zy
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

The pics are simply amazing. Pls continue to bring us more stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run