Photo

[2011.07.25] Soshified Field Trip Day 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic
cucumberoni cucumberoni
  • Donors
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

While the fifth day was sadly the last fully one of our trip, it was still exciting because of what we did. We started the day by going to Lotte World Adventure, the amusement park in Seoul that some of you may remember from the Taeyeon episode of MTV SNSD. When we got there at around 9:30am, it was pouring rain, so the tour guides suggested we spend most of our time in the indoor section of the park, since Lotte World Adventure is divided up into a large indoor section (that actually has roller coasters in it) and a smaller outdoor section.

Posted Image
Entering Lotte World Adventure

Posted Image
The map of Lotte World Adventure... the larger part is the indoor section

Once we were inside, everybody kind of scattered into their own small groups rather than walking around as a gigantic group of 100 people. The first ride I went on was called the French Revolution, an indoor roller coaster that, at certain points, actually goes down low through the walkways of the park. At the lowest points, the roller coaster cars themselves are probably only 15 feet above the floor of the walkways. It was a pretty fun roller coaster, short but sweet and not overwhelming. It had one loop and a really steep bank, where the cars felt completely sideways as they circled above a water fountain. Also, while we were waiting in line for the French Revolution, there was tons of writing all over the walls, and we contributed to it by letting everyone know that Soshified rode on the roller coaster.

Posted Image
The big line for the French Revolution

Posted Image
We had a tall person write this

Posted Image
The French Revolution

After riding that, myself and some a couple other friends wandered around the indoor area, exploring the park. We got a ticket for another ride, where you can reserve a spot in line for a later time (it works similar to Disneyland, from what I was told). With the ticket in hand, we checked out as much as we could see inside, and we stopped at a big stage in the middle. On the stage, an all-female band performed a selection of K-pop songs, including "Hoot", which they labelled as "Whoot" for some reason on the screen (copyright issues?). They also played 4minute's "Mirror, Mirror" and Wonder Girls' "Nobody". After watching the band perform, the timing was perfect to go redeem our ticket and cut ahead of the line for another ride. Our second ride was a pirate ship that swung back and forth (I don't remember the name of it). It wasn't a very exciting ride, except for the fact that Soshi members rode on it during MTV SNSD.

Posted Image
The band playing.... Whoot

Posted Image
The pirate ship ride

After a little bit more wandering around, my group of friends decided it was finally time for us to see if the rain had stopped. It was completely dry on the ground when we walked out, so it had probably stopped raining for quite some time. Unfortunately, we waited so long that we didn't have much time left for too many rides. The first one we tried outside was the Gyro Drop, which is also another ride that the girls went on during MTV SNSD. It's one of those rides that brings you up REALLY high and then just drops you straight down. While we were waiting in line, we said to each other "You know, it's ok if we die on this ride, because we went to the concert yesterday". The ride itself spins around slowly as it goes up to the top, so we were given a full 360 degree view of Seoul as we went up. Once it gets to the top, there's a little 4-second or so pause before it drops... So it gives you time to wonder why in the heck you got up there in the first place.

Posted Image
Walking outside

Posted Image
The Gyro Drop

The Gyro Drop more or less ended my day at Lotte World Adventure, not because it was too intense for me, but because I started to feel hungry and lightheaded. With the short amount of time that we had left at the park, I wanted to make sure I ate something, since we'd had people feel ill during concert day because they had been out in the heat without food for long periods of time. So I went off on my own to look for food as others continued on to try and get on one more ride before leaving. As we gathered back at the exit of the park, we encountered a few Soshified field trip members who had bought Scream masks and replicated Soshi's pictures throughout Lotte World Adventure.

Posted Image
Aegyo in a Scream mask?

Posted Image
Recreating Soshi in Scream masks. In the pic: cedge, grayfm, mawelli, eatyouramen, jessiesboy (let me know if I messed up your username, and special thanks to jessiesboy for the picture!)

After we finished up at Lotte World Adventure, we were taken to some shops to learn about some Korean specialty products: ginseng and amethyst. Apparently the finest 6-year old ginseng in the world is grown in Korea, and while they export the younger and less-awesome ginseng, the best 6-year old ginseng can only be bought in Korea. Regarding the amethyst, all other types of gemstones have to be imported from other parts of the world, but amethyst is naturally mined in many parts of Korea.

Then, we were taken to the KBS studios for the recording of Immortal Song 2 (where cameras were not allowed, so I has no pictures of the show). I don't know if the show's format is normally like that, but for the recording we were at, all the performances were duets. The first performance was by Sistar's Hyorin and DJ DOC. They were matched up against two people who I did not know at all. The second round featured 4minute's Jiyoon as well as another DJ-rapper (I don't quite remember who). Their second round opponent was Super Junior's Kyuhyun and Son Hoyoung from g.o.d. Finally, the third round kicked off with MBLAQ's G.O and Kan Miyeon, formerly of Baby V.O.X. The second duet from that round was performed by Jay Park and former H.O.T. member Moon Heejoon.

If you know the format of the show, the audience votes on who they think put on the best performance in each round, and the winner of each round advances to the final vote, where the audience chooses the best overall out of the remaining three. I thought Hyorin and DJ DOC's performance was the best in round one, as it had a TON of high energy, but they lost. I was pretty conflicted by the second round voting, but I honestly was blown away by the great vocals by Kyuhyun and Son Hoyoung, but they ultimately lost to Jiyoon. I wasn't too upset about that vote, however, since I really like Jiyoon. I was pretty impressed by G.O's duet with Kan Miyeon, and I can't say I'm a big fan (though I'm FAR from being an anti) of Jay Park, but I ended up being 0-3 in picking winners. Jay Park's win over G.O was extremely obvious, though, since there were tons of fangirls screaming for Jay the entire way.

Dinner followed Immortal Song 2, and it was an incredibly tasty (but not quite filling enough) meal of bulgogi. As it was the last night in Korea for many of us, a lot of people were celebrating the wonderful friendships made during the trip by sharing bottles of makgeolli, soju, and beer. The party continued late into the night (and morning) in some peoples' rooms, though I didn't join in on the heavy drinking and partying. I was just too exhausted for all of that.

Posted Image
Mmmm.... bulgogi

Posted Image
Party time!

Posted Image
Final meeting with the whole group in the hotel lobby

The trip finally came to an end, but I wish it could have gone on forever. I met so many wonderful friends while on the trip, and everyone was so nice and so much fun to hang out with. I already know what it's like to hang out with a couple of SONEs, but to hang out with 100 is something else entirely. We all felt like family from the start, because we all had that common bond. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and something I definitely won't forget anytime soon.

I hope you've enjoyed all my fanaccount recaps from the trip! Be on the lookout for something a little more official from Soshified soon!

- fanaccount and photos by [email protected]... Scream mask group picture by [email protected]

bhost909 bhost909
  • Writers
  • 3178 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

I love that you guys did the scream mask thing again hahaha. In a way the reasoning was the same too. Lotte world sounds pretty fun, I've been on a ride similar to the Gyro Drop and I had the exact same thought at the top: "Why was I stupid enough to do this?" Immortal Song sounds great too, I would've loved to see some of those performances live.. I'll have to wait for watching the broadcast. Who knows, maybe we can see you guys on it.

It sounded like a nice winding down for the last day of the trip. Thanks for the recap!

avatar: happymint@lj siggy: chef@ssf

Forever

OH_mes OH_mes
  • SoShi Subbers
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I also remember Lotte World from episode 8 of Running Man hehehe.
Shin Bong Sun + Kim Jong Kook love lines.

twinklingstars twinklingstars
  • Rookies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

Read through all of your fanaccounts from the previous days, thank you so much for such a detailed recap. What an amazing trip that was! Super jealous, but I'm really glad to know that everything worked out so well. You guys were so lucky to be able to attend the Music Core and Immortal Song recordings, were the tickets to get in pricey? I've always wondered how much you would have to pay to attend a recording for any of the Korean shows. Lotte World is one of the must-go places on my list if I were to visit Korea. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next field trip! Being able to go with so many SONEs seems like such a great experience. Also hoping for a Soshi world concert (which I'm sure will happen sometime in the future)!

doridorisu doridorisu
  • Donors
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

I felt the same in the uk meetup, even though it was ten times less (literally... there was only 10 of us) staying together for 3 days, I felt like we're already family, we had our awkward times but nothing of a sort you'll meet with a stranger. I can't imagine how its like to meet 100 people, go experience Korea, their food, and ultimately a soshi concert together. It must be really epic. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the trip, with the media (not forgetting) to boot! Remind me to get your signature when I meet you XD teehee

thanks a lot for the fanaccounts oppa~~ ^-^

"Whatever I say you never misunderstand because you know our true selves. Girls' Generation's journey was not peaceful as you know. There have been difficult times and misunderstandings and you have been supporting us through everything always believing in us. The pink ocean is so beautiful, it is more beautiful than Girls' Generation. We will work hard so that you will be able to tell anyone that you are proud fans of Girls' Generation" - Sooyoung

Official Fan Meeting, September 26th 2010

Now and forever, your wish.

JessiesBoy JessiesBoy
  • Donors
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

meeting all these people was great especially 100 of fellow sones.

it was like hard to learn names and im still learning them now while on the extended stay haha.

it was like "oh hi nice to meet you im Billy..."

uhmm "also known as jessiesboy on SSF"

other sones "Oh!! thats you!? you ask alot of questions" etc....

we mostly got to know eachother by our usernames which was much harder.

but it was great fun and i hope everyone gets to experience this for themselves one day

rickywong rickywong
  • Donors
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image
We had a tall person write this

I was looking around for a sign that told us to not write on walls but couldn't find one :o

Jon/@MoonSoshi9 wrote "Soshified was here" and then I wrote the date and 소시파이드 :)
I guess we're both kinda tall lol

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Haha, we definitely left our mark in Korea! There was so much stuff written on that wall, but Soshified sticks out on top for sure.

JadeFalcon JadeFalcon
  • Donors
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Jon, since you're a Korean TV celebrity now, you should come up with a caterpillar signature (as a complement with Taeyeon's butterfly) so you can add back to that Soshified tag you left. ;)

TheBoys-th1.jpg

TheBoys-th2.jpg
Twitter - @BigTaeng

MadamMartha MadamMartha
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

I just read through all five days of your field trip, and WOW. It looks like y'all had a blast! The concert sounded so amazing and it's really cool how the media was so excited about people coming to Korea! Thanks so much for sharing! <3
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credit to Tozic on DeviantArt!

khybyx khybyx
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:05 AM

waw, i red all the field trip. all i can say is AMAZING !
you guys, met all sones over the world and also watch the concert !
hope one day i can join too.
thanks for sharing

MoonSoshi9 MoonSoshi9
  • Writers
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:04 AM

Jon, since you're a Korean TV celebrity now, you should come up with a caterpillar signature (as a complement with Taeyeon's butterfly) so you can add back to that Soshified tag you left. ;)

LOL, that is the best idea I've ever heard.

Forever 9 ♡ Forever 9 ♡
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:57 AM

SOSHI + SONE = Are Family (:

Im kinda sad I cant participate in this one in a million event with all these sones ^_^

Thanks for sharing and ..

When's the next meet up ? :P .

Forever & Always; Jessica Jung.

{{ tumblr ; twitter }}

allthecolours allthecolours
  • Donors
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

awww the trip looks pretty good!
too bad i didnt go to lotte world when i went to seoul, must have been fun with so many sones together!

Genie, Gee, Hoot, Run Devil Run, Mr Taxi, Bad Girl, The Boys, Time Machine, Paparazzi, All My Love Is For You, Oh!, Flower Power, I Got a Boy!!!
tumblr_lu0jtfjckl1qzfh59o1_400.jpg

Demon2Angel Demon2Angel
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

I'm sure this was a very awesome field trip.

Sounds very lively and outgoing plus fun.

All the sones together ><

When I start working in the future, I hope I can join these kind of activities too

Thanks for the share. Peace :D

greentea25 greentea25
  • Donors
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

just read through your fan accounts. wow what a trip!

Edited by greentea25, 02 June 2023 - 10:58 AM.

IceCaptain IceCaptain
  • Soshified
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

The scream mask idea at Lotte world was absolutely brilliant! I had almost forgotten about our girls' "field trip." haha I may need to buy a mask for when i go to lotte world! :D

linguafranca linguafranca
  • Soshified
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

You should've pretended to be devils like the Soshi members, too. They asked for permission to get those stuff to take photos, and ended up fooling around in it. I forgot which MTV episode it was from, though.

lets_go_on_for_a_long_time_by_momochan_b

cr: yoongbella

leejoonshi leejoonshi
  • Soshified
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

I also remember Lotte World from episode 8 of Running Man hehehe.
Shin Bong Sun + Kim Jong Kook love lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Sbox

@  alice_ot12 (10:04:11 AM) what happened?
@  Keitaro88 (04:20:34 PM) hi :)
@  datlmhg (05:16:24 AM) good night
@  korniceman3000 (01:20:35 PM) (O.O) Singer Park Boram just died of cardiac arrest....https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/park-boram-k-pop-singer-songwriter-obituary-1235654493/
@  cinderella@y... (10:57:35 PM) finally someone stop the bot
@  CaptTJTaru (06:09:44 PM) its okay, it was a good run